1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Departamento da Negócios Estrangeiros

Discussion in 'Team Cavaleiros' started by oyzar, Jan 15, 2009.

1. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

This thread will be the home of the Departamento da Administração Interna. Here we will discuss how to best trick our allies and tell our enemies what we are doing. Or the other way around. Diplomats, wordsmiths and other people interested in dealings with the other teams should go in here.

Now that first contact have been made it is time to get this thread opened.

2. oyzar

This post will be used to keep track of all current deals.

Atm we have the current deal with kaz:

3. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

I've had a long talk with Provolution, I think we have a deal, but I need to be off so I'll post the logs later.

4. oyzar

updated deal in second post with kaz.

5. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

As a situation has arisen that involves all of the three teams we have so far met, maybe it's time to resurrect this thread for use with such general matters?

Methos just spoke to peter grimes on IM. He relayed that they have met SANCTA with their eastward-exploring warrior. SANCTA's unit is an axeman. Memphus apparently declared war on MS by accident on first seeing their unit, but has since offered a cease-fire, which MS have accepted. Peter Grimes seems to be under the impression that the two units are relatively close to the east coast of the continent, and to SANCTA, but if you look at the coordinates he gives (30 tiles east of Cimeira at a similar latitude), they're actually quite close to Kazakhstan. I count about ten tiles N and W of Hazrat-e.

Kazakhstan should know about this, agreed?

And should we let MS know where they really are in relation to everyone else and the east coast?

6. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

I think we should definitely relay to MS that they could turn south and meet Kazakhstan. Not convinced the Kazakhstan needs to know, possibly only in sweeping terms if at all.

7. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Well, I was thinking about that axe. Heck of a thing to turn up by an outlying city unanticipated, no?

8. oyzar

I really need to fix the second post eh?

9. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

If they are so near to Kaz, then why haven't kaz and SANC met before now?

Perhaps mention to kaz that sanc have an axe in their general direction.

10. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Kaz and SANCTA met around ten turns ago, I think.

11. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Via a workboat iirc, i suppose that Kaz / santa didn't do much land based exploration. Much like us.

12. oyzar

Maybe it would be nice to renew our treaty with Kaz / MS for a longer period of time?

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Agreed, as your talk with Mars showed, having it extended at least for ten more turns would be nice. Longer would be better as well :)

14. oyzar

I was thinking more like 100 more turns...

15. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

Committed as we are to the path of cooperation I believe it is of the utmost importance that we maintain the alliance at least as long as non-aligned teams remain. I fully support another 100 turns of agreement if not more.

16. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Let's say a 100 turns for now, we can always extend the treaty further when we get closer to the new end.

17. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

I disagree, Kaz and MS do not seem to be cooperating as perhaps they should. I would suggest 25 turns and an option for a further 25.

18. oyzar

Kaz should be possible to work with. MS however are darn hard to get a hold of. I fear that they are rather inactive, as none of them have replied to my PM's even. Initially that would seem ok because we would then be better position against them when the alliance eventually broke, but if they aren't comunicating at all it would be almost impossible...

Kaz by themselves are also a problem. They seem to have a lot of players focusing on counting beakers. With philo + NE + GL + pacifism there would be no way we could keep up with them in the short term if they bulb ahead. As such they might want to leave the cooperation(which seems rather stupid in the short term). I think that if we can sign something like a 100 turns treaty with them that would solve this problem somewhat. That is if we decide to work together with them. They will have way superious research in the short term. If they can't see past this to cooperate with us things will be difficult...

19. oyzar

i think working with kaz, taking advantage of MS and ripping off sancta and saturn might be best for the short term... but the long term... that depends on kaz... Sancta might be easier to work with for the long term, and if so the longer we stay with kaz...

20. oyzar

We need a sigil to sign the treaty with sancta. Anyone can make one? Kendi?