Department of Epsilonian Defense- Term 3

lost_civantares

[Insert Title]
The Offical Thread for Discussion of Matters Relating to Epsilonian Defense during Term 3

(say that three times fast backwards! :p)

I was going to post in the turn orders thread but felt this is where the question should be directed.:

Should we reconsider sitting and healign for one mroe turn with Shadow tiger as he is at 96/100 HP?!?!

Personally I jsut see the extra movement as mroe important than 4% of his life ;)

I agree with Memphus. I have been growing restless with Shadow Tiger since we started healing.

I want to see the other continent (and meet another team)!

We have only 1 turn left to heal completely, so it will only cause us to have to healed at a later date.

When you look at the two screen shots below it can be observed that:

when a warrior has 95/100 HP and Combat 1 his odds are 67.8% versus a strength 2 Barbarian on Prince

When a warrior has full HP and Combat 1 his odds are 70.8% versus a strength 2 Barbarian on Prince

Personally for 3% chance I would rather move that extra square but that is just me. Not to mention if we get attacked again, we are going to heal anyways, so why not take full advantage of the healing? (10 HP a turn)

With the race for huts our pressing concern, I'm inclined to agree with Memphus. (not that my opinion really matters! :lol: )

a 3% difference isn't enough to justify the potential of missing a hut by 1 turn in my book.

After killing fifteen lions I finally got a 96HP warrior with Woodsman I. Here are the defense numbers, showing the chance of dying.

Code:
Barbarian   Terrain       96 HP   100 HP
Lion        Plains        23.1%   21.1%
Lion        Hill          15.6%    4.4%
Lion        Forest         2.1%    0.8%
Lion        Forest/Hill    0.6%    0.5%
Warrior     Plains        37.2%   34.5%
Warrior     Hill          25.1%   22.9%
Warrior     Forest         3.7%    3.2%
Warrior     Forest/Hill    2.3%    0.9%

And of course by the time I finished my testing everyone has stopped arguing. :rolleyes:

Your numbers are much more exact though! There's no way that I can de-recant now though!

It is only through people like you Dave, who persivere despite our democratic burocracy, who bring Epsilon through our darkest hours! :p

Memphis did you use the same brute force method as DaveMcW to get the warrior to 96HP, or is there some hidden option in the world builder?

Nope I jsut used 95 HP (much easier to get, let him get attacked once and then healed to 95 HP) and called it a day.

Technically speaking my numbers were more skewed as I thought he had stength 1 and not woodsman 1 ;) oh well... maybe I should become a polotician. :lol:

If I had to guess - I'll bet that we've got connections down into at least 2 Islands.

Here's a very crude drawing of what I'm guessing:

Even still - I think we should try to go get that hut before Piffle finds it.
At this stage, getting huts is even more important that finding Piffle's homeland. (In my opinion)

I know, but I'm just wondering if they have gotten to the hut already, but your probably right we should go and make sure. :)

And as for having another mini-continent attached I really don't think so unless it is attaching us to both of the other two, Sirian I would guess would decide that it would be too unbalencing to have 1 team sitting alone for most of the game.

Pop the hut, because it is still there

They would have turned left first

and if you read inbetween the lines in there letter it says

"wandering up through the jungle"

so they have been heading north and just happened to choose West instead of East

I have also looked at the prospect that they may chang direction and head east now, although it wouldn't matter as we would beat them to the hut (they would fall 1 tile short)

Oh right last reason for going for the hut it simple, that warrior needs to buggy on back to meet up with the settler, if starts to explore to the south, then we will run into the

"well maybe we shouldn't bring him back" ;)

As far as my map guess goes – I agree – it’s very unlikely that Sirian gave us a real edge in connections… but what I’m thinking is that maybe all the landmasses are connected.

More like this…

But with some other connectors that wrap around the edges of the map. You get the idea.
We do have 1 other thing that looks like another land bridge going off to our far west… and it’s totally possible there’s another one on our East shore.

Top Bottom