1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Depopulating Captured Cities

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by LimShady, Dec 14, 2001.

1. LimShady

LimShady Chieftain

In a recent war, I took two cities which sat along two roads that led to the capital and another high production area. I didn't raze them because I figured I could use them as a forward healing base. Now that the war is over, these cities are slowing the growth of two or three of my original cities. Is there anyway to depopulate these cities or disband them?

Thanks.

2. ouzzo

ouzzo Chieftain

If its a border city and you dont want it that much you can trade it for tons of stuff. and even use the trade to encourage conflict between AI's

3. Ryan C.

Ryan C. Chieftain

Force building settlers and/or workers is what I do. Before the 1.16f patch, those worker and settlers could be rejoined as your own people! That seems to be fixed now, which is good, because it felt cheezy :p

Starving works too, but it tends to get folks upset, plus I like to play the "good guy" :king:

To disband the city, try to build a worker with a population of 1 or a settler with 2, and make sure that the population isn't growing (turn workers into entertainers to accomplish this). You'll get the option to complete the worker/settler and abandon the city.

-Ryan

4. Sonic747

Sonic747 Chieftain

If you're prepatched, precition bomb the cities.