Descriptions of Buildings in EUI

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by mcshame, Jun 18, 2016.

1. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

I am using the EUI installed from Vox Populi (6-15-1). Prior to installation, I had deleted the cache file, etc as instructed. EUI and Civ Selection are the only mods that I have installed.

It is working fantastic, just a great UI, however I noticed a small issue and was wondering is others have seen it or there is a way to resolve.

When in the city construction menu, when hovering above the buildings (only the buildings), the details of the item are shown however there is the following text that looks out of place.

TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES

I've attached a screen shot. Any idea or suggestions?

Thx

Attached Files:

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

You need to follow the EUI instructions for the text file that bc1 includes if you are just using the CP. If using the full set, make sure that EUI text file is NOT in your games folder.

G

3. Barbaro

Barbaro Chieftain

Ive problem with 6/15-1 in techtree text, full EUI.

4. Agatheis

Agatheis Chieftain

I have a similar issue. When I found a city, the tooltip for the monument and Shrine say "C:\Users\Agatheis\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS(6a) Community Balance Patch Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\EUI_tooltip_library.lua:66: bad argument #2 to '_L' (argument must be.)

The instruction manual (v1.2) doesn't mention a bc1 file when using the full version. Is there a new instruction set?

5. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

Thanks. Went to bc1 EUI mod, copied xml file to text folder as per his instructions, works like a charm. FYI, I'm just starting off with Civ 5 so still playing "vanilla" with the EUI enhancement. Once I have that experience for a bit, will use the full Vox Populi package.

Gazebo, any reason that CivSelection wasn't included in the pack? Really organizes the Civs nicely, seems almost essential with the hundreds of Civ mod out there.

Thanks for the help!

6. Agatheis

Agatheis Chieftain

I'm sorry.. I must seem very slow. Which instructions? The installation manual on the downloads page seems to be out of date, and there are no instructions at all for Vox Populi, other than "run this".

Thanks!

7. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

Just to clarify, I used the Vox Poluli mod installer and did a full installation. However, I did not activate any of the mods except to use the EUI which installs in the DLC part of the Civ V folder. The installer assumed I was using full Vox populi, so Gazebo was instructing me to follow the installation guide by bc1.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21929

Note step 6 in the installation instructions. The folder is already done by the Vox Populi installer, you just need to copy the XML file as per the instructions.

It fixed my issue. Now I just need to remember to remove the file when I start using Vox Poluli later.

Hope this helps

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

So you are using the whole Vox Populi package (= the big overhaul), not only CP (= the base game bug fixes + AI improvements) and EUI (= the new interface by bc1), correct? I haven't seen the installation manual PDF for some time, but I do not think it is outdated - at least for the full package autoinstaller. If you have Civ5 and Steam in default folders and if you have all needed DLCs, you should just run the autoinstaller. A silly question - are you starting the game via the MODs button (do not press the back button)?

9. Agatheis

Agatheis Chieftain

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the Vox Populi package as per the How To Install thread.

I also downloaded and read the Installation Guide (PDF) - Created by Estebanium - In the first post of that thread.

I ran the package. It installed the files to the users folder and added the UI_bc1 folder and files to the correct steam directory.

Since there are no other instructions in the How To Install page, I presumed I was done. I ran Civ5 through the mods page (this is not my first time, I am just updating to the latest version).

So you're saying that I have to follow some separate instructions for the EUI that aren't included? I presume this is the link that mcshame posted?

Thanks.

10. vyyt

vyyt Deity

No, I am not, you should be good to go right after you ran the autoinstaller - that's how I always do it (I have not had a chance to try the latest beta yet though). You should not need to move/delete any folders or files or follow any extra instructions. mcshame is in a different situation - he is not running the whole Vox Populi package, only CP+EUI.

You mention that you moved the UI_bc1 folder to the correct Steam directory, so I assume your Steam directory is not the standard one? Please post a screenshot of your DLC directory contents, so that we can verify that you have moved the right directory to the right place.

You also mention that you just updated to the latest version, so you are saying that you have played with the Vox Populi full package before and everything worked? Which versions are we talking about (I mean both - the one that had worked and the one you are having problems with now)?

Also, just curious, but have you tried the non-EUI version? Did it work?

11. Agatheis

Agatheis Chieftain

I mistyped. The installer automatically moved/copied the UI_bc1 folder to the location. The installation manual said that I would have to select the location, but the installer actually did it correctly without prompting. Screenshot attached.

Actually, this is my first time with the Vox Populi installer. I previously has CPP with the balance patch and EUI (same as Marbozir. I followed his instructions).

I just tried running it now, and it threw up a bunch of texture errors, but the tooltips were fixed. I'll try a fresh install.

12. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

The installer puts all files properly without the need to do anything manually. The installation guide is probably outdated and you have older version of EUI/didn't clear "ModUserData" folder.

13. Agatheis

Agatheis Chieftain

Well, I deleted everything, including all the local Steam files, cache and all, plus the mod files in /users/ and eventually it worked. Thanks for the help!

By the way, is cities getting captured by the AI in a single attack a current bug?