1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Desert map question

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Alfapiomega, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Alfapiomega

Alfapiomega Chieftain

Hey,

so I went over it and have a couple of things to mention :)

a) I think there could be more animals / food resources at the places around the rivers. Would that be possible?

b) There is an interesting lack of fishes and other animals in the sea. Is that intentional? The same goes for the lakes.

c) Do you preset where the civs start? If so there could definitely be more than one in the central area of the map (around the giant lakes)

d) I checked the oasis's and I don't really like them to be honest. Would it be possible to switch them out for one tile water with some small forests around it (say 1 tile of water, around a grassland with tropics or high grass and around dirt?). The oasis from the game are too small to allow "random" cities around/in them though you can leave some of them there :)

2. Redwallzyl

Redwallzyl Warlord

i can double up on the animals and plants and add some secondary ones to the rivers sure.

i concentrated the fish in the south but i could add more to the north. and removed most of the northern ones. might have been over zealous. their should be crabs and shrimp and stuff in the north half though.

i asked about the oasis's and if you would what them as tiles or the oasis feature before. you must have been confused about it. i can swap them out. im thinking of having them surrounded with the oasis feature as well and they might have oasis only resources too.

and ya it is random but i can preset it if you want.

3. Alfapiomega

Alfapiomega Chieftain

OK to all except the presets. If it's random then just leave it as it is :) I am considering that if I do another LP I would play with... well... maybe 30 + barbarian civs? I am not sure if there is even enough space for that but you get my drift :)

Looking forward to the next map version! :)

4. Redwallzyl

Redwallzyl Warlord

alright here you go. :) happy new year!:goodjob:

Attached Files: