1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Deserts

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by hmmm, Nov 10, 2005.

1. hmmm

hmmm Chieftain

Hi.
    I was wondering if there was a mod out there, or anyone thought about a mod for deserts. I just hate myself desert being almost useless tiles.
    I was thinking about the possibility of adding windmills to deserts ( kinda like in California) and maybe terraforming it to grassland or plains (should take something like 25 turns or more).
    Ive tried adding windmills myself but keep getting errors and I must humbly realize Im not much of a modder :lol: so was hoping anyonre out there could help me or would think this was a good idea.

2. McBierle

McBierle Chieftain

Just open CIV4ImprovementsInfos.xml and go to the "IMPROVEMENT_WINDMILL" section.
    There should be somewhere "<TerrainMakesValids/>".
    Exchange that with:
    Code:
    <TerrainMakesValids>
    	<TerrainMakesValid>
    		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_DESERT</TerrainType>
    		<bMakesValid>1</bMakesValid>
    	</TerrainMakesValid>
    </TerrainMakesValids>
    As for changing the time, i think you can't change missions right now.
    Of course i might be wrong :)

3. hmmm

hmmm Chieftain

Hmmm interesting I thought this was excactly what I did but I just got home from work and copy/pasted your code. It worked so guess I missed something somewhere :crazyeye:
    Thanks alot McBierle :)