1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DesertWar Scenario Bug: No German Transports!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Phoenix1595, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I have a small problem here with one of the scenarios that came with Civ4-- the Desert War scenario of the North Africa Campaign during WW2. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

I was playing as the Third Reich, and I wasn't able to find any transports (or any ship, for that matter) to transport my land units from Greece to anywhere overseas. I checked the scenario's civilopedia, and it said that there should be a "German transport" unit (if you have oil, which I did-- you have it from the get-go). I checked to see if you needed any techs in order to get the unit, and it didn't appear that you did. However, when I changed city production in any of the cities I had, there was no German transport unit, and the other ships did carry land units, like my panzers. It seems a bit odd that Firaxis would create a scenario based upon Field Marshall Rommel's North African blitzkrieg, and yet not include a way for Rommel to get his tanks to North Africa! Is this a bug, or a glossed-over designer error, or am I just crazy?:confused:

2. kalif

kalif am start

hey there,
    its definately not bugged. though i dont remember anymore, if it was either an event which was triggered by a certain date or a certain tech that enabled transports. i think it was one of the 2 techs on the upper half of the screen. hf.

3. pygbe

pygbe Chieftain

Yes, I'm sure scenario is NOT bugged: transport building come later in the game, toghether with Afrika Korps...