DesertWar Scenario Bug: No German Transports!

Phoenix1595

Lord of the Two Lands
I have a small problem here with one of the scenarios that came with Civ4-- the Desert War scenario of the North Africa Campaign during WW2. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

I was playing as the Third Reich, and I wasn't able to find any transports (or any ship, for that matter) to transport my land units from Greece to anywhere overseas. I checked the scenario's civilopedia, and it said that there should be a "German transport" unit (if you have oil, which I did-- you have it from the get-go). I checked to see if you needed any techs in order to get the unit, and it didn't appear that you did. However, when I changed city production in any of the cities I had, there was no German transport unit, and the other ships did carry land units, like my panzers. It seems a bit odd that Firaxis would create a scenario based upon Field Marshall Rommel's North African blitzkrieg, and yet not include a way for Rommel to get his tanks to North Africa! Is this a bug, or a glossed-over designer error, or am I just crazy?:confused:

hey there,
its definately not bugged. though i dont remember anymore, if it was either an event which was triggered by a certain date or a certain tech that enabled transports. i think it was one of the 2 techs on the upper half of the screen. hf.

Yes, I'm sure scenario is NOT bugged: transport building come later in the game, toghether with Afrika Korps...

Top Bottom