Design: Audio

I'll try to pick out the sci-fi ones.

edit - PM sent because I need your email again.

How is the Music files coming? I like to hear some music if i'm not into a religion or don't got any. I like to listen to calm, soft music, a little bit of some battle music, and other nice music.

It's probably way too late to suggest music and Cirque de Soleil is pretty unique and interesting, but I could not help but mention King Crimson for evocative instrumental music. Some are pretty sinister sounding and fits well for evil civs and religions.

If interested I can try to create fragments of mp3s that might fit well.

Some of their instrumental works to check out:

Devil's Triangle, In the Wake of Poseidon
Lark's Tongue in Aspic Part One
The Talking Drum, Lark's Tongue in Aspic
Sheltering Sky, Discipline

Alchemistor said:
It's probably way too late to suggest music and Cirque de Soleil is pretty unique and interesting, but I could not help but mention King Crimson for evocative instrumental music. Some are pretty sinister sounding and fits well for evil civs and religions.

If interested I can try to create fragments of mp3s that might fit well.

Some of their instrumental works to check out:

Devil's Triangle, In the Wake of Poseidon
Lark's Tongue in Aspic Part One
The Talking Drum, Lark's Tongue in Aspic
Sheltering Sky, Discipline

I dont think its a good idea to use copyrighted music. Even if its only in short parts.

Grey Fox said:
I dont think its a good idea to use copyrighted music. Even if its only in short parts.

As long as no one makes money of the mod - it'd be fair use "Omaging".

Every song used is a sort of tribute to that person, because it'd be put into a story we all love...sort of thing.
-Qes

QES said:
As long as no one makes money of the mod - it'd be fair use "Omaging".

Every song used is a sort of tribute to that person, because it'd be put into a story we all love...sort of thing.
-Qes

Well, when you add a copyrighted song to a mod, you are giving it away for free. And aslong as the makers of the song or the producers, or the publishers of the song doesnt want the song to be given out for free it is basically music piracy.

Grey Fox said:
Well, when you add a copyrighted song to a mod, you are giving it away for free. And aslong as the makers of the song or the producers, or the publishers of the song doesnt want the song to be given out for free it is basically music piracy.

We're playing a game in which pirates are loved. Anyway, if you cut out "peices of the song" its not the whole song, in fact, it may drive people to go and BUY the song.

Regardless, im fairly certain it's covered under US Fair use termenology.
-Qes

Grey Fox said:

True true. I do have one "illegal" song in the mod. That title track "Let me Fall" is from one of the Cirque du Soleil cd's and it was to perfect to pass up. Outside of that everything is either freely downloadable by the copywright owner or a small (less than 10 second) clip out of a copywrited work.

In similiar news I had honor to trade a few emails with Rich Douglas yesterday. For those that don't recognize the name Rich is the sound designer/music composer for Paradigm entertainment and he did all the music for the eclipse mod which is the heart of all the music in Fall from Heaven. For a long time it was the only music in FfH but over time I added other tracks as well.

Rich is an amazingly nice guy who okay'ed the use of his music in the mod. He was rightfully miffed that I didn't do a very good job of crediting him (sorry Rich!) and although I had a thank you in the readme with a link to the eclipse mod I didnt thank Rich directly as I should have. Im trying to do a better job of crediting the sources I use and I offered to pull Rich's songs from the mod if thats what he would prefer. He said that I didn't have to do that (did I mention he was amazingly nice?) and he wished us luck with FfH.

Definitly a highlight in the project for me because I have long been a fan of his work. Just the chance to trade emails with him was very cool.

M@ni@c said:
You should mention Linda Bergkvist somewhere visible!

Good point, I will add her to the list.

I can't wait to hear the new soundtracks in .16 :D

Top Bottom