[Design] Elves

1)I think it's a pitty the battledancers, the elven unique unit, are virtually crap and available from start.

I'd move them to be replacement of Swordsman instead of warrior, so they are more interesting longer, and perhaps try to find them a cool bonus.

2) There should be a specific bonus for Elves in forest. It can be either a free promotion for them "Elven", with added combat / move bonus in forest, or a specific version of Woodsman I, II, III, available only to them, that could give increased bonus compared to other civ. Like +30% instead of +20%.

3) It would be fun if the Elves could be invisible to other civs when in a forest.

Well, although I agree with most of Steph's points, I disagree with his 3rd. See, if Elves were invisible in the forest, then it would be hell to go to war with elves. Cuz if you capture one of their cities and move on, then they would be able to easily sneak behind your armies and recapture it. Plus, you would keep be confused about the size of Elven armies. It would just suck imho.

That's the point!

If you take an elven city, two solutions : station a strong garrison... Or just raise the trees!

It would lead to a new strategy: to get rid of the Elves, you have to remove their cover, and so chop the forest down.

Would be a nice new gameplay tweak, and make things original.

True. But I don't know. Maybe if the elven units had a spell they all could have where they can invisible. Like in FFH, the Svaltafar can use a spell (it's their world spell) where all their units have hidden nationality. Similarly, the Elves could have a spell that you have to click on each unit to hide it in forests and jungles, though leaning towards just forests. The reason I say for each unit is because it might be to your advantage sometimes to have them not hidden. That's my suggestion.

That would be a lil what I'm thinking. It just makes it more simple and easier, I'm guessing, to implement and program in.

One thing that would be cool and that FFH implemented was if you had Fellowship of Leaves, which Tel'Seldarine would be closest to that, the forests under your influence would slowly become ancient forests. Naturally, the speed at which they become ancient forests would be greater if you were Elven. It might be cool if you guys did something similar with Tel'Seldarine. Of course, there should be some variations in it to make it unique for D2. Tell me what ya think.

Oh, duh, I knew that.

Top Bottom