destinations

el toro loco

Warlord
this has been bugging me for awhile. when i select to build a road or move a unit to a certain square, the preview road or preview destination route will come up and i select preferred preview. but as soon as i select it, the route or destination changes to something different and i lose a turn going back to what i wanted. and then i have to spend the next few turns baby sitting unit so that the build is as intended.

This is a bug. It also occurs with units. You select the goto orders for the unit and it shows a path. The unit then takes a different path. If you are moving directly diagonal you're OK, but otherwise the worker or unit may take a different path.

Like Ataxerxes says, I frequently see the path laid out on the Go command and then see the unit take a different path. If I want it to take a particular path, I have to move it one tile at a time.

if you're building a road, rather than babysit it you could use shift to queue orders e.g. move, road, move, road in the exact route you want

So which one is the better one? Does it always go the fastest route, or does it display the fastest one and go another?

This is particularly irritating when you select a military unit to go some tiles away, and you expect that he will pass through the tile where you have just moved a settler, to protect it. But not, he prefers to shelter himself in a nearby forest tile leaving the settler to the mercy of an approaching barb.

I think the routes are the same length/take the same time to build (for roads and through hills and forests etc). But you may be planning a certain route to pass by a future city site, or to keep worker out of the way of barbs, and then they change their mind which is why this is annoying.

Top Bottom