Destroying a captured city

Lisa L

Chieftain
One of the differences between Civ2 & Civ3 was supposed to be that when you captured a city with only one population point, it didn't automatically destroy the city like it did in Civ2 (something that annoyed me). That was great until I installed the last patch. Now it sometimes doesn't give me a choice. Is there a way with CivEdit that I can change the option so that I always get a choice?

I don't think that an option exists for changing this. I noticed the same issues after installing the patch as well, but I have never concerned myself enough with this to question it.

Off note but concerning cities. . .the thing that trully bugs me is the fact that once a city reaches size 12 and higher I think that the workable land area for the city should increase by at least one more square. In a recent game I have some 10 or so cities that are maintaining a size 28-30 population and 50% or more of them are entertainers, tax collectors, and scientists.

You can still capture a size one city if that city has ever produced any culture points. I have seen this many times where the city was larger but the AI had burned population rushing defenders till the pop was down to one. In those cases I still had the option of keeping the city or razing it. I keep these cites all the time because with on pop there is almost no chance for a culture flip after the city grows a little bit.

the thing that trully bugs me is the fact that once a city reaches size 12 and higher I think that the workable land area for the city should increase by at least one more square.

Unless another city is nearby and stealing squares a city has twenty squares for the population to work. So up to twenty population is ok.

In a recent game I have some 10 or so cities that are maintaining a size 28-30 population and 50% or more of them are entertainers, tax collectors, and scientists.

So what is wrong with this, I like free happy faces, gold, and beakers.

one small hickup here: if the civ you take the city from hasn`t produced culture there (e.g. they take my 10000 culture city, get it down to 1 pop, I take it back) - it`s gone!!!!!

I want an option to destroy cities that I dont like, put the citizens to death, distribue the pop points amongst my empire,stock up on workers, any one of those wil do. I. Just. Want. That City. GONE!!! (London needs to be moved, two squares to be exact) *sigh*

By the by- I am not planning the destruction of my capital, the Egyptian people just want some coal, is all.:p

Top Bottom