Destroying a civ in 1 turn

rtil

Chieftain
Yes, it takes a lot of planning, no you don't have to do it, but it sure is a hella lot of fun ... I did it today on my first game that i've ever beaten on warlord (please don't laugh okay?) The last remaining civ was the English.
Plenty of ICBM's to take care of them, and my people hated them so going to war was going to help me more than hurt me. Not that it mattered since they were the last civ besides myself .. but anyway -- here it goes:

3 cities could not be reached by any land unit in 1 turn. So I ready 3 transports full of Modern Armor and position them close to each of these cities.

Now i'm on the turn:
Launch necessary ICMB's
Attack and destroy cities reachable by land
Attack and destroy cities reachable by sea
Simple as that, and they're gone.

I'm assuming this isn't always possible, but in this case it was. And god was it hilarious. For me it's a big accomplishment since i'm not the best civ player - I got creamed on regent today. Really bad. :(

Anyone else tried this before? Or am I an insane warmongering fool? (Thanks for the quote goes to queen Elizabeth;) )

I did this on someone's Mossflower map. Swept over eight Persian cities-- his entire empire-- with Modern Armors. 'Course, he had riflemen due to the fact that he had literally no strategics.

I tried to destroy Germany in one turn, they have like 10 cities but there mech infantry is putting up quite a fight...they are wasting my Morden Armour like they don't mean a thing. I’m on the 6 turn of the war...I’ve made sufficient advancements...it's only a matter of time now.:evil: :mwaha:

I loved taking out civs in one turn on CivII, just build arty en mass, load em up on transports (I was always master of my home continent by modern times), land a couple next to an enemy port and take it, plop the rest off and use railroad to get the the rest of the cities (no boarders back then), only annoying think in that game was the mass of guerillas 20+ pop cities would make, just had to clear the ones along the path to the next city (usually like 8 or 10) and repeat.

Never paused to give everyone Theory of Evolution back then, the railroads always did more harm than good to them :)

One of my favourites is > here <

Scroll down to turn 8 (1440AD) and see how I removed the Germans :D

Ted

Now try it without the nukes. I took out Rome in one turn, with an amphibious assault. TOOK a LOT of planning. I had a transports full of marines off shore of the all coastal cities (about 6). Launch my assault and capture all but one costal town.

Move my transports of armor into my newly captured towns and unload, send the tanks inland to capture the capital and other interior city and the one coastal town that beat back my marines.

One turn, 8 cities and the island nation of Rome is now mine!

Helped that Rome was so backward militarily, they were on an island all too themselves with no strategic resources. But they did control the fur market

:D

In my first game i destoryed a civ in one turn. I was Rome and had one city. THe first civ i contacted was the British who also had one city. I built a few warriors and attacked, won and destroyed the British

One time I destroyed an entire civ in one turn...

...by disbanding all of my cities!

(Just kidding, I never did that.)

I've done this before. I swept through the entire German continent with Modern Armor. This was considerably easy, since they only had riflemen.

I think I did to Rome in the same game. They had 15 cities. Wiped out by MA.

Hey, what about Destroying ALL civs in 1 turn?:die:

:saiyan:

If you have 3(3*39) stacks of cav and railroads, you can take out 6 cities easy. You can probably take out up to 12 cities. A 3 movement unit plus rail plus overwhelming quantity is all that is really needed.

Originally posted by kb2tvl
If you have 3(3*39) stacks of cav and railroads, you can take out 6 cities easy. You can probably take out up to 12 cities. A 3 movement unit plus rail plus overwhelming quantity is all that is really needed.

Or put them in armies if you have C3C. 4 movement points and blitz. :D

I remember one memorable game. I was the Zulus on the world map. I started off really close to the German capital, Berlin. They had it undefended at size 3, and my Impi *accidently* went there, and wouldn't you know it, took the city, and the settler and worker. Strange how that happened. Wasn't planned at all *shifty eyes*.

It can be even easier if you raze the cities and immediately use the slaves to extend your rails...

Top Bottom