Deus Ex: Human Revolution

LightSpectra

me autem minui
Current Release Date: NA August 23, 2011

Link to Wikipedia

Having my heart broken by Empire: Total War and then again recently by Dragon Age 2, I now have no faith whatsoever in the ability to make good sequels or accurate previews. Nevertheless, I have a quiet optimism about the third game in the Deus Ex series, because several previews I've read are praising its open ended gameplay, as well as the importance of dialogue.

Gameplay trailers:

Link to video.

Link to video.

I think it will probably be a decent game, albeit designed primarily for the consoles. However, one should NOT go into it expecting it to be as epic as Deus Ex (which is backed up heavily by nostalgia).

I think it will probably be a decent game, albeit designed primarily for the consoles. However, one should NOT go into it expecting it to be as epic as Deus Ex (which is backed up heavily by nostalgia).

I look back at those horrid UT graphics today and see nothing wrong. So many choices, all viable in their own way. The music, the story and everything. Perfect.

Yeah, I finished the original a few months ago for the first time, and I thought it was amazing. The AI could be smarter, but aside from that the game is basically perfection. As for HR, some of the early reports about it do seem pretty promising.

I hope that open ended doesn't end up just being "enter room, have three ways to go across: wall climbing, stleathing through crates, or killing everybody with my Neo moves - wow I have OPEN ENDED GAMEPLAY SO MANY OPTIONS - proceed to next room".

Against all my better judgement I'm actually quite excited about this one.

I don't think it will be as good as DX, for one we already know pretty much how it ends ;) .

I'm trying not to be too optimistic after getting burned so badly with Invisible War, but... dammit, my love for the first game just keeps hope alive. I have to believe that we live in a world where this game is at least going to be good enough to be worthy of the name Deus Ex. I just... I just think the alternative, a world where we're doomed to only one good Deus Ex game for all eternity, is too much to bear.

Top Bottom