{Development Thread} Don't Tread on Me

Hey everyone, I am so...so...so...sorry for err...jumping ship again. x_x I've been very busy with school and life and such. I do want to finish this mod, and I plan to. I just fixed windows again (like 10th time) and I've been playing civ and having fun with all the snow outside. So we're back in business.

First order of business: Get it to work with 3.19. (by the way, did something happen with signatures..? I'm not allowed to have one anymore for whatever reason)

nice to see your back. Looking forward to this! I don't think anything happened with sigs.

If you are a new member they make you wait like five days or something minor like that until you are allowed to have a custom signature or avatar. I think it is because they have been getting a lot of spammers lately or something. I know there was some Russian spammer program or whatever that flooded the site with ads/posts a few days before that announcement came out. Or something like that.

Good to see you are back, I can't wait to steal from... err, see your mod. :mischief:

Oh, I didn't know I was a new member. xP Maybe it's because I've been inactive for so long, we'll see.

And yes, I'm working on updating it to 3.19 now. It's a sticky process. :blush: Well I'm pretty much doing trial and error, hopefully I'll get it working soon.

EDIT: Hey! My sig is back!

Yeah! I've got the mod running on 3.19 with everything except for when I add unitinfos.xml...so I'm assuming that is the issue. Anyone know what exactly I need to do without just entirely redoing all the units?

Are you converting from 3.17-->3.19? If so, I can't imagine there being any problems. There were only some minor unitinfos.xml changes (like the Conquistador getting some bonus). Perhaps there is a problem with the original file? :hmm:

Well...I had the mod running 100% smoothly in 3.17, I'm trying to get it to work on 3.19. I'll examine the files and see what I can come up with later.

I'm pretty confused. :lol: I can't imagine why it's the unitinfo.xml either, but I don't know what else it could be. It worked fine until I placed the unitinfo into the mod as well. I'm going to try removing different components and seeing what I can get to work.

maybe eventTriggerInfos, it can be a bugger. If it crashes when you launch a game, I'll bet you lunch thats it.

You owe me lunch. :nya:

I haven't even started the scenario or events yet, these are the XML files currently utilized in the mod:

Art:
ArtDefines_Misc
ArtDefines_Leaderhead
ArtDefines_Unit
ArtDefines_Civilization
MainMenus

BasicInfos:
UnitCombatInfos

Buildings:
BuildingClassInfos
BuildingInfos

Civilizations:
CivilizationInfos
TraitInfos
LeaderHeadInfos

GameInfo:
CivicInfos
DiplomacyInfos
ReligionInfo
GoodyInfo

Units:
PromotionInfos
UnitClassInfos
UnitInfos

This is the error message I get when it crashes:
(after various xml errors in unitinfos.xml because I did not edit techinfos.xml yet)

no I'm saying if you change or remove some things, it can make your game crash if you don't edit the eventTriggerInfos.xml also. like for example if you removed some units, it probably why its crashing.

also the problem with it saying 3.17, check your globaldefines and see what version it says it is.

you should find this at the top

<Define>
<DefineName>CIV4_VERSION</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>319</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

Hmm...I'll edit eventtrigger. But I'm not even using Global Defines yet, I've placed it in the XML folder (the default version) and it is 3.19, so I don't understand why it still crashes. Well let me edit the event file and I'll get back to you. I thought it was just crashing because of the version issue.

(by the way it crashes upon loading, I don't even get to the menu)

(and I edited eventtrigger and deleted anything I did...no luck it still crashes with all the same symptoms)

crashes upon loading... maybe a schema conflict?

btw that was a IF it crashes when you launch it is probably an event problem... so ya its probably not that if your not even making it that far.

I'm utterly clueless...is there such a thing as a mod updater or something? I think if I resolve the 3.17 vs. 3.19 problem it should function.

well just messing around with my mod, I messed up some art defines and got a similar crash even before load, I fixed it and it went away... Its got to be something with art defines or schema

Perhaps this is redundant and unnecessary, but I'm wondering if you've changed, removed, or added any non-xml files (i.e. art, sounds, etc.) while transitioning from version 3.17 to 3.19? Especially art, since oftentimes I've had crashes on WoL just because of some little art thingy.

I'm fairly confident that there's nothing besides something in the XML causing the issue...I made all of the art (besides the water and city stuff xP) myself and it's all worked in the past.

Top Bottom