[Development Thread]Mare Nostrum:Rise of Rome

Fullerene

Warlord
I'm currently trying to create scenario and modmod for Mare Nostrum.
The scenario will be about Rise of Roman Republic into a super power of Mediterranean sea.Game starts approx. 500 BC when the Roman Republic was established. Goal is to establish an Empire and declare war on Persians (REF). Game play includes lot of conquering other Civs and Barbarian tribes as well as selling goods in Eastern (Persian) markets.As the game mechanics demands somekind of europe screen, I decided to replace it with 'Persia screen'.

I will develop this modmod in 3 stages: First I try to make the scenario work and play well for bare Mare Nostrum (+2 plot city radius mod). After that I will add content that is simple enough to add: things like more resources, units and leaderheads etc. At last, I'll try to mod it further adding completety new features and events.

So far I have merged Mare Nostrum with 2-plot wide city radius mod and I have made rough test scenario to see if game play works on the map. And indeed it was promising. I played 130 turns and conquered northern Italy from Etruscans having lots of fun doing it.
I'm currently trying to decide which civilizations should I add, or actually, how to divide Greek cities. In Mare Nostrum Greeks are divided in Ionians, Trojans and Dorians.
But at the moment I'm more willing to have following playable civs:
1.Roman Republic
2.Peloponnesian League and allies (Sparta)
3.Delian League and allies(Athens)
4.Punic colonies (Carthage)
5.Macedonia
6.Minor Greek states and colonies (also it's possible I make them all seperate)
7.Illyria (might be barbarian)
There will also be lot of barbarian tribes.

I'm aiming for certain amount of historical realism with necessary compromises.
I'm more than willing to hear ideas and suggestions.And if someone is willing to convert some graphics from Civ4 to Col I would be very pleased.
Some of the graphics needed: Pericles,Alexander leader heads,Persian king leader head and many of the ancient unit graphics would be useful.

Here is very rough test scenario. You need Mare Nostrum beta 5 to run it.

Attachments

• Rome.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Top Bottom