DG 6 Gameworld Poll 4. Temperature

DG 6 Gameworld - Temperature

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
DG 6 Gameworld Poll 4, Temperature

This poll will be a public, multiple choice running over 7 days, identifying the world size of DG6. The world size will impact province sizes, our government, game length and so on. You are free to vote for more than one option.
Winner is by simple plurality, meaning the one getting most votes.

Random
Hot
Temperate
Cold
Abstain

Keep in mind: if you vote Random for this, you have to vote random for Climate and Age as well. I'm just posting it in this thread, but it goes for all of the 3 as well. Also, if you select Random land mass, you have to select Random water coverage.

provo these polls are pre mature, we need to discuss these things first before just votig on it

These are not premature, in fact, the parameters could impact the constitution.
It is one month to go, and if we all vote random, no problems.

Provolution said:
These are not premature, in fact, the parameters could impact the constitution.
It is one month to go, and if we all vote random, no problems.
i havent even heard arguments, good polls are linked to a discussion... There is no discussion of this, I would first like to hear opinions from everyone in a discussion. I guess I will be abstaining on all of these.

Well, plenty of time to discuss for a week or so, and vote in the end. Those making up their mind early are free to do so. we are not bound by any Judiciary in this process, merely stating our in game preferences. Discussions can be run in polls.

also multiple choice isnt accurate, we need to find an instructor for polling 101

Well, very hostile attitude to a very neutral poll. I stated no preferences, merely what people wanted, but of course, you want this process to last forever. Some of us merely want to state our preferences. Do you want to spin our votes ? Well not mine, but you are free to discuss it in the threads, a week is plenty of time to figure out what you want.

Provolution said:
Well, very hostile attitude to a very neutral poll. I stated no preferences, merely what people wanted, but of course, you want this process to last forever. Some of us merely want to state our preferences. Do you want to spin our votes ? Well not mine, but you are free to discuss it in the threads, a week is plenty of time to figure out what you want.
I am not trying to be hostile, I just want a discussion before polling... Is that so much to ask?
Also thanks for degrading me in every thread Provo :rolleyes:
Provolution said:
Vote away people, not be intimidated by someones individual attempt to overrule someones interest to state their preferences
I am not overruling someone's interest but helping it, it is in people interest to hear discussion, with pros and cons before voting in a poll that will affect the entire game.

Degrading you in every thread Blackhole, I have not done that ? Please specify where I have degraded you ? I have only talked Civ3 here. That the parameter polls are threadjacked due to procedural interests is a different story, but preferences is an individual decision that comes from a persons own interest. If someone needs more time fine, and if you did not like the poll, please abstain. Those of us that thinks they are ok are free to vote. Is it so that most of us know what we want, and many do, let them do so, if the majority are confused on their preferences, we repoll. This will still be a good indicator on what we want, and may help the Constutional discussions on province sizes, game length, term organization and so on. Hopefully some bright minds out there see that, and think solution oriented over procedure oriented.

Provolution said:
Degrading you in every thread Blackhole, I have not done that ? Please specify where I have degraded you ? I have only talked Civ3 here. That the parameter polls are threadjacked due to procedural interests is a different story, but preferences is an individual decision that comes from a persons own interest. If someone needs more time fine, and if you did not like the poll, please abstain. Those of us that thinks they are ok are free to vote. Is it so that most of us know what we want, and many do, let them do so, if the majority are confused on their preferences, we repoll. This will still be a good indicator on what we want, and may help the Constutional discussions on province sizes, game length, term organization and so on. Hopefully some bright minds out there see that, and think solution oriented over procedure oriented.
did you read what I quoted in my thread?
Plus we havent decided on any variants, but provo you arent treating these as what people are considering, you are treating them as what we are actually going to play with. It isnt fair to have multiple choice in an official poll like this, and I am not threadjacking either all I did was justify why I voted abstain... maybe I have lost the right to comment in polls....

anyway I am done with this discussion, its just another plus for me leaving

No one has lost the right to comment in polls, but comments go both ways, and maybe it helps to encourage people to speak their mind in polls. Not every player wants to read several hundred posts to know that is going on, and discuss every tiny detail to death.
Some of us (like ginger ale and several others) wants this to progress smoothly and constructively, not make everything a legal fight. Consider this advisory then, and if most people agree on the choice, fair enough.

Black_Hole, if you look in every thread, you won't see one topic starter of where he said this would be official. Also, this is multiple choice and public. Official polls will most likely NOT be multiple choice and public. Provolution is merely looking to see what people's preferences may be, as to better lead a discussion on which options to choose.

You do have the right to comment in polls, but you did not need to order Provo around and decide to make yourself in the right if this poll is premature or not. Yes, it may be a little early, but this is only for preference not what we are going to be playing on. As Provo stated knowing the preferences of the people may help us get our government into working condition.

Oh, and stating "we need to find an instructor for polling 101" infers that you are hostile towards Provolution in light of the fact that you believe he is incompetent for posting a poll.

Civanator said:
Black_Hole, if you look in every thread, you won't see one topic starter of where he said this would be official. Also, this is multiple choice and public. Official polls will most likely NOT be multiple choice and public. Provolution is merely looking to see what people's preferences may be, as to better lead a discussion on which options to choose.

You do have the right to comment in polls, but you did not need to order Provo around and decide to make yourself in the right if this poll is premature or not. Yes, it may be a little early, but this is only for preference not what we are going to be playing on. As Provo stated knowing the preferences of the people may help us get our government into working condition.

Oh, and stating "we need to find an instructor for polling 101" infers that you are hostile towards Provolution in light of the fact that you believe he is incompetent for posting a poll.
i was trying to put across the fact that good polls have discussions... and if you read provos post he implies these are official

If you didnt mean for these to be official then I apologize provo

Well, yes. There was no discussion on the matter making these polls bad polling. But these polls are collecting information on options that are the most mundane and basic in the game. Most everyone has their prefernce, like mine is a Huge Pangeaeaea (sp) :shakehead Wet Temperate 5 billion year old planet with Roaming Cycs. But that's just me. If Sid puts me on the coastal Equator, I'll probably change maps.

This is not a major deal, let it go. If we need to re-poll, we can. BTW, this is one of the reasons I can't stand multiple choice polls.

It is fair enough Civanator, whatever I post I will get the old Judiciary people and the Epimetheus posse on my case, that is a given. This is the reason I will not run for elections again, as the working climate would be unbearable. I may pop up as a demanding and critical citizen of course, which would be a fun venue after a DG in difficult tenure.

Provolution said:
It is fair enough Civanator, whatever I post I will get the old Judiciary people and the Epimetheus posse on my case, that is a given. This is the reason I will not run for elections again, as the working climate would be unbearable. I may pop up as a demanding and critical citizen of course, which would be a fun venue after a DG in difficult tenure.
so may i just inquire if this is official or not?

It could become official in a sense if there is overwhelming support for a proposal, in order to reduce the heavy burden of polls as the new constitution and so on is carved out. If there is a very strong support for some alternatives, we can stick by them, and repoll where we are unsure on where to go. I just see an avalanche of polls late February, in fact, I do not see anyone who has visualized how to get this done in one month. However, the main idea was to help out the consitutional planning, as the gameworld will impact how the game is run. Province sizes, importance of navy and Foreign Affairs roles in term one and numerous other issues are dictated by the gameworld.

Where's the discussion for this? Since when has it been OK to poll this huge before discussing it? World settings is NOT a trivial matter, therefore we should discuss it first.

Another point to be made is that it's multiple choice, there's no need for it, you really can't choose a combo of any options for the vote to work properly. But as Cyc says, this will probably used as a precursor poll, not the official one.

And before you respond with a flame Provo, it's constructive criticism.

No flames from me. But I was indeed unjustly attacked in the outset.
Also, I am never expecting any support from you Blackheart, and you have repeated why several times. No prestige for me in this, I only wanted to give the legislators an idea of what kind of gameworld people wanted, so the laws are made with something in mind.

Again, you did not read the context, and came with guns blazing without understanding the issue, both Cyc and Civanator did so. Why did some people decide to attack anyways?

Top Bottom