DG 6 Gameworld Poll 4. Temperature

DG 6 Gameworld - Temperature

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Provolution said:
No flames from me. But I was indeed unjustly attacked in the outset.
Also, I am never expecting any support from you Blackheart, and you have repeated why several times. No prestige for me in this, I only wanted to give the legislators an idea of what kind of gameworld people wanted, so the laws are made with something in mind.

Again, you did not read the context, and came with guns blazing without understanding the issue, both Cyc and Civanator did so. Why did some people decide to attack anyways?

I doubt the constitution would drastically change with varying climate conditions, although with hot we all might perhaps get beach houses. :)

Don't tell me what I didn't read, I'm not blind nor stupid. I read every post prior to posting, I did not insult or flame you in any way, nor did I approve or disapprove, I merely stated my opinions. Perhaps you are clotted with so much bias you fail to see this.

blackheart said:
Where's the discussion for this? Since when has it been OK to poll this huge before discussing it? World settings is NOT a trivial matter, therefore we should discuss it first.

Another point to be made is that it's multiple choice, there's no need for it, you really can't choose a combo of any options for the vote to work properly. But as Cyc says, this will probably used as a precursor poll, not the official one.

And before you respond with a flame Provo, it's constructive criticism.

This is exactly why we need the gameworld preferences straight before we complete more of the constiution. Game length, Terms of office and everything is dependent on the Gameworld, in particular World Size, Land Mass and Land Shape.

Provo's just too good at making enemies. :lol:

For what it's worth, I say Random. We shouldn't construct the world to match what we want, it would be more fun if we have to adapt to an unsure environment.

Ashburnham said:
Provo's just too good at making enemies. :lol:

For what it's worth, I say Random. We shouldn't construct the world to match what we want, it would be more fun if we have to adapt to an unsure environment.

Hehehe good Ash, you are a Kool Kat, just wait for Citizen Provo, the nightmarish citizen from the infernal pits of the Newspaper "The Opposition", where I plan on serving as a perpetual no-rank citizen adding some needed Napalm to the game. Now I really want to feast from the other side, and judging from the process of this constitution, it can indeed be great fun with all offense and no defense.

Hey hey, quit the fighting. Mindless crap like this is what delays our games. These are just polls to see the basic opinion before a discussion starts. If their is a massive, overwhelming support for one thing it would not need discussion.

WeaponX said:
Hey hey, quit the fighting. Mindless crap like this is what delays our games. These are just polls to see the basic opinion before a discussion starts. If their is a massive, overwhelming support for one thing it would not need discussion.

Yes it would. Like you said, this is a preliminary poll. This means people haven't had time or a chance to present their points of view, which of course does influence people's votes.

This would be like voting for the president based on his picture alone.

blackheart said:
Yes it would. Like you said, this is a preliminary poll. This means people haven't had time or a chance to present their points of view, which of course does influence people's votes.

This would be like voting for the president based on his picture alone.

But the point is that this poll is not official in anyway, the outcome is just to show what peoples basic, gut feelings are. Feelings that aren't curbed or affected by anyone else. Their may not be much point but what is the point of having black_hole and provo fighting over it. It is just a poll, it won't kill anyone.

WeaponX said:

Thank you for bringing in some neutral sanity here. My point remains. If there is overwhelming support for a proposal, we go for it. If there is question on what to choose, we rediscuss it and repoll it , plain and simple. This thread would have had a different fate if someone else posted.

Provolution said:
Thank you for bringing in some neutral sanity here. My point remains. If there is overwhelming support for a proposal, we go for it. If there is question on what to choose, we rediscuss it and repoll it , plain and simple. This thread would have had a different fate if someone else posted.

And again I'd like to make my point. This poll isn't official, and I'm sure that you even said it wasn't official. Weaponx and other people pointed out this for a raw feel. All important polls need discussion, you can't just determine something without input and points of views from different sides.

Let me put it with another analogous term. In a court of law (at least in America anyways), people aren't convicted simply because they are a police suspect and have been arraigned. A trial must be commenced for them, and all the evidence laid bare. Because sometimes, surprising evidence will appear and thus change the course of the trial. The same holds true here, perhaps someone will enlighten us to choose for one option instead of another.

Anyways, all but the abstainers here saw the need to air their views, and this was indeed
not official, but to give the lawmakers some input on what gameworld would come out of this. I had no idea this would arouse such dramatic feelings and attempts to shoot the polls down, but I should probably have known better due to prehistory.

Anyways, sanity prevails, and the majority picked their preference and new ideas came out of this. Down the road the official poll will be a private poll I guess.
But for a neutral poll with no recommendations like this, political character assassination attempts is not really needed.

Provolution said:
But for a neutral poll with no recommendations like this, political character assassination attempts is not really needed.
And you never, EVER would do something like that, would you?

Look - in general I respect your skills at Civ. But this continued air of "Oh poor, wounded, suffering me" is old. Both you and BH trade shots. It's not a one-way deal, you know?

Please, both of you, just freakin' stop it already.

-- Ravensfire

I will stop it, and Black_hole come forwards, we need to end this now for the sake of everyone else. I am not playing the victim here, and would certainly rise to old heights of voracious behavior if no truce is made. This is a neutral poll still, and should rest on its own ground, that is what I meant.

Ravensfire, when there is something at stake I would, but not for a world preference poll like this, that is just waste of time and overkill and no bearing on the final outcome. At least I time my campaigns with some tangible gains.
Here, it is nothing but personal. Also I have never declared a vendetta on anyone, and my disagreements with you, Ashburnham and many others are long forgotten. However, 2-3 people see my nick as a red cloth they got to attack.

Provolution said:
Ravensfire, when there is something at stake I would, but not for a world preference poll like this, that is just waste of time and overkill and no bearing on the final outcome. At least I time my campaigns with some tangible gains.
Here, it is nothing but personal. Also I have never declared a vendetta on anyone, and my disagreements with you, Ashburnham and many others are long forgotten. However, 2-3 people see my nick as a red cloth they got to attack.
*flashback time*
Vendetta on me? Vendetta on Ash? Vendetta on all who dare to disagree? :crazyeye:

Campaigns? What campaigns? Black_hole brought up a concern/disagreement (albeit a rather aggressive one). There is no campaign. There's persons, people, and more people. It is not a situation where "they" are out to get you. I fail to see what black_hole has anything against you that is personal, but then again, that's what you seem to take it as when anyone disagrees with you.

And you're contradicting yourself, Provo, it does bear some importance on a final outcome.
Provolution said:
This is exactly why we need the gameworld preferences straight before we complete more of the constiution. Game length, Terms of office and everything is dependent on the Gameworld, in particular World Size, Land Mass and Land Shape.

We now return you to your regularly schedule spam.

Well from now on I suggest we limit ourself from commenting each other Blackheart, and if we do, we talk issue, not person, and no allegations from now on ok ?
I will try my best, hopefully you will.

I think many people may agree that I do not spam unless I bicker with you.
In fact I am much more productive than you, and seek to be constructive in proposing some more complete ideas, where all you got is offensive one liners.
I have never seen some solid proposal from you Blackheart, ever.

Provolution said:
Well from now on I suggest we limit ourself from commenting each other Blackheart, and if we do, we talk issue, not person, and no allegations from now on ok ?
I will try my best, hopefully you will.

I think many people may agree that I do not spam unless I bicker with you.
In fact I am much more productive than you, and seek to be constructive in proposing some more complete ideas, where all you got is offensive one liners.
I have never seen some solid proposal from you Blackheart, ever.

I agree to limit myself, but then you continue to demean me in the post, so :confused: ???

Let's get something straight, I have offered constructive criticism and ideas. Just because you fail to recognize it doesn't mean it's not there. You like to flavor your "constructive criticism" with demeaning remarks. I have offensive phrases, you have offensive 98235234 liners. I have not seen a post from you without some kind of slag against a person or group of people.

Good day. :)

Well, take the very first post of this very thread, and then some, take all polls in here.
Can you see any demeaning in the top post ? Can you ?

Top Bottom