1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DG Pulse: Are you happy here?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by DaveShack, Apr 18, 2008.

?

What is your DemoGame happieness level?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2008.
  1. Very happy

19.2%
  2. Happy

23.1%
  3. Neutral

30.8%
  4. Unhappy

19.2%
  5. Very unhappy

7.7%
  1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

This is a citizen opinion poll on how happy you are with the DemoGame. (not the BTS game!)

Please vote as an individual and give your real opinion, not based on politics!

2. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

3. DaveShack

Don't have a clue what the link means, and don't care to study it. Why don't you explain yourself?

4. Provolution

Its ok you dont care, its all good. If you are interested, its ok too.

5. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Neutral. I find the roleplay part extremely well done but too inactive, and the gameplay forums rather active but the quality lacks a tad, compared to RP.

6. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

I'd like to see a little more participation in the RP threads and a little less bickering (and yes, more people participating would be good), but overall, I'm happy with how this is going.

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I feel the same way, but, I still disagree with many choices the Triad, Shattered in particular, makes. I think that people who are in DGIII need a higher role in society, instead of just joining factions and guilds, and voting for a leader for 100+ turns. I also think that the factions are to have a higher role, then just sitting back and waiting for our turn as PF. That is why I feel that I must place a vote of no confidence(ie. I dont want them in power) in the Triad(I can do that right?)

8. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

This is due more to tribal council doing absolutely nothing to challenge or oppose the triad.

9. DaveShack

:confused: Not quite sure why you say this. You haven't noticed all the activity in the forum?

10. Provolution

This is also an opinion poll for the pundits, to see if they want to rebel now or not, which maybe is one of the core inspirations for this poll. If someone else posted this, the reaction would be much different.

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Interesting. I am neutral as it is a little early to form real opinion. I think the game has potential both RP and Gameplay. I think most citizens are still waiting to see what happens instead of being a part of what is happening, if that makes sense. The game is set up that way and there are fail-safes like revolution.

12. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

I am not happy with the game, but I'll not vote because I think is too early.

And as a matter of fact I feared it would be much worse than actually it is.

I'm not trying to say that the Prime Faction or its Leaders are doing a bad job.

But when I read something like " the research or build or whatever must go

that way because next city was promised to players that want research and

not build" ... that I do not like and it is not a Civ game. And it's beyond of my

understanding because other posts show you are good players.

And space to roleplay? Roleplayers do not need that the game is played with

one strategy or another; they just need to be imaginative, storytellers, good

writers and above all to dominate English language. And so they are, as their

posts in the forum show. (And if they want, they could go to any current or

finished game in other forum and there RP with the same easy and beauty;

that would be the evidence that RP does not need to change the gameplay).

My best regards,

13. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Any specific reason this poll isn't private?

14. Seymoo

Seymoo The Sexmaster General

I have to disagree with fed1943 that the RPers should just make up stories and then let the gameplayers decide what is best for the game, otherwise you are right, they may as well just turn up in another game. The beauty of the demogame is that there should be some decisions that are taken for the better of the roleplay than for the best result in game (not too extreme though). For instance I have foun my character developing a slightly nationalistic streak, that will lead to me calling for greater military strength an more war-mongering, in stark contrast to my usual Civ strategy.

15. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

No, not really, I agree with most of what fed said, and i will post a section of what i post in the Col IW thread

only democracy allows all players in the game to have some input and therefore feel apart of this game. With the system we have a lot of us feel push out, like we are not needed.

So as a result many players leave, and this demogame ends up where it started.

16. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I have now offically proposed a Rebellion. Here

17. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I agree with Seymoo. Unfortunately the people in charge just use gameplay as the excuse most of the time, and then when that cannot do it, they use RP (CoL vs IW debate:
    , I believe it was Shattered who put it like this...)

18. Bertie

Bertie Prince

I think we should merge the roleplay & gameplay into one forum. I don't have a roleplay gene in my body (Bertie's blog is more general silliness than roleplay) and don't plan on doing much, if any, roleplay. Still, I appreciate the efforts of others and don't see why we don't just combine the two. Otherwise we have parallel discussions going on some topics which seems a bit much.

@fed1943. Really good post. I agree with most of your points.

19. DaveShack

The idea of separating gameplay was to give the roleplay a more prominent position, and not drown it with the much more prolific posting of the gameplay parts.

20. Provolution

I like the present organization, I got some great stuff to add to the scouting explorations, as well as to get more of Blastoids excellent stone age maps. Gameplay and roleplay must remain separate, or roleplay would be parked forever as it was before.