DG Pulse: Is the DG (not the BTS game) healthy?

Is the DemoGame healthy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This is an opinion poll to check your attitude on whether the DemoGame (not the BTS game) is healthy. Do you think we have enough people posting, or is everything concentrated in too few people? Enough variety in participation? Is participation steady enough, or do you see gaps where nothing is happening?

This is one of the measures of whether a game is going to last.

Please vote how you feel as an individual, not based on politics!

I see days where nothing is posted in the citizens forum. Whole areas of the game which have not even started getting consideration yet. Seven or more days of talk between play sessions and no input at all from more than half the registered citizens.

Definitely not as healthy as it should be.

:yuck: Unhealthy! We are way too few people roleplaying and actually posting regularly. Forums are rather dead (just look at RPdiscussion of :science:, last 5 posts are same 3 ppl (me, Alknight and Civplayah), and we pretty much agree with eachother.

Agreed with Diamondeye. I feel like the Citizen's forum is dying while the gameplay discussions are about 7-8 (4-5 prominent) posters arguing over gameplay decisions. I guess the question becomes: How do we correct this? Were we wrong to think that having a despotic government wouldn't hold people back from participating, but rather, encourage it? I don't know that that is necessarily the case.

I have to admit, I'm just not good at RP. Reading it is fun, but writing it just isn't something I can do all the time. Many of the people I had hoped would be prolific RPers aren't submitting anywhere near as much as expected.

Unhealthy.

The RP is looking decent, but the game itself is dying. Minimal discussions on gameplay. Minimal effort to seek the opinion of lurkers.

*shrug* That's what some people wanted though - I'll just muddle through and try to push things towards what I think is a better path.

-- Ravensfire

I'm a gameplay type person generally (unless I have lots of time and get a good story going), who can't run Civ 4, so I'm stuffed really and have to stick to general comments. I'm not interested in the roleplay side and do no more than glance at the citizens forum, but I find that is taken into discussions into the gameplay forum too. I find it hard to identify for example what city location is being talked about when it is referred to as the warband city.

Healthy/unhealthy? There doesn't appear to be much going on and we've a long gap before the next play session, but there have been DGs with less action so if those that are playing are happy...

I am a gameplay type person,too.

About the Health of the current game, I shall wait
to make up my mind about.

Best regards,

Well, in the core rule, I called for standards on information etc. The ones wanting very generic Core Rules got their will, and here we are. If we could establish some core rules requiring posting of detailed instructions prior to a certain day in advance of a turnset etc, people would at least be informed.

unhealthly, too few active players (ignore my vote, voted the wrong one)

Well, in the core rule, I called for standards on information etc. The ones wanting very generic Core Rules got their will, and here we are. If we could establish some core rules requiring posting of detailed instructions prior to a certain day in advance of a turnset etc, people would at least be informed.

That was quite deliberately left up to the Factions. Bluntly, the Triad faction failed to specify much of anything for their game sessions, and that has hurt this DG.

It's a simple fix for the Triad - just start doing it. I haven't seen ANYTHING by ANY part of the Triad posting their instructions.

-- Ravensfire

For the scouting, I would of course need to just move the unit, as I had to improvise where to go based on huts, fog and threatening animals and barbarians.

The Philosophers must answer for the playsessions, instructions and end-reports, I cannot do that.

For the scouting, I would of course need to just move the unit, as I had to improvise where to go based on huts, fog and threatening animals and barbarians.
I have been a long-term supporter of generic instructions for unit movement and specific instructions in the chat. Worker actions, tiles worked, research, and other predictable things should have advance instructions.
The Philosophers must answer for the playsessions, instructions and end-reports, I cannot do that.

:lol: The people elected the triad, not the individual factions. When you join a coalition, you share the credit and the blame with all members of the coalition. More on that later, when we have an organized rebellion. ;)

This poll is too early but things are on a downward slope. I don't have plans to take an active part in this game (no time at the moment), but if I did I'd find it difficult because of lack of info and a rather uncoordinated leadership. (In fairness, the current leadership is just getting started so perhaps they'll do a better job of sorting things out.)

Top Bottom