[DG2] - Offline sessions at DP discretion

Should citizen approval be required for offline sessions at the DP's discretion?

• Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This poll is to determine if citizen approval is required for play sessions to be scheduled offline at the DP's discretion.

Question: Should citizen approval be required for play sessions to be scheduled offline, at the DP's discretion.

Yes, citizen approval should be required
No, citizen approval should not be required
Abstain

A yes vote means that citizen approval of some kind is required. Citizen approval could mean citizens must vote in advance for the session to be offline, or it could mean a veto mechanism where offline sessions are assumed to be approved unless vetoed, or it could mean some other approval mechanism decided upon by the people. The decision of which mechanism to use would be made in a future discussion and poll, if this option wins.

Without citizen approval means the DP can choose to make any session offline and there is no permissible mechanism to prevent it, other than to not vote for someone in an election.

=====================================
There is a companion poll to this one, located here, asking the question if citizen approval is required for offline sessions which meet "special circumstances" to be defined later. This poll affects only play sessions which are not subject to those special circumstances, if any.

An earlier poll and discussion on this question can be found here.

This poll will be open for 4 days, is public, and the highest vote total will prevail. The result will be used for drafting the rules, which are subject to further ratification prior to play commencing.

There should be a citizens approval if the DP wants to *shutter* have an offline session. However, I feel that its best to keep it the way it has been in the past, which is strictly online play, no offline play.

I would like the DP to announce pre-elections that he will play offline. Citizens can then decide if they want him/her as a DP, and thereby approve of the offline chatting. If they don't want him, they shouldn't vote for him.
By the way: Are we going to have DP elections in one big poll again, or are we going to split the polls up, making a poll/player.

Are we going to have DP elections in one big poll again, or are we going to split the polls up, making a poll/player.

We might not have even decided if we're going to have a DP pool, a Chain of Command, or allow the President to appoint DP's (with citizen approval), or some other mechanism. :crazyeye:

Februari first is nearing though

We might not have even decided if we're going to have a DP pool, a Chain of Command, or allow the President to appoint DP's (with citizen approval), or some other mechanism. :crazyeye:

I thought This Poll already pretty much established we were doing DP pool.... unless it's been invalidated in some way.....

I thought This Poll already pretty much established we were doing DP pool.... unless it's been invalidated in some way.....

Excellent, Falc. This poll does establish that. I' guessing that means a "standard" DP pool, elected or approved the standard way.

:eek: We only have 9 people?!! I'd vote with citizen's approval, but I'm not in yet...

Top Bottom