1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DG4 Start date?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Don't wait for the MSDG to end!!:eek:

iirc, it started around April. If each team managed to play a turn everyday and the game lasted until 'retirement' it would take almost two years(ie April 2005). And as there is usually 2 or 3 days between turns at the moment, it's going to take much longer than that.

Start the new demogame within the new 2 or 3 months so that interest isn't lost. Other sites (even those with fewer members) manage to have lots of games going at once so I'm sure CFC can! ;)

2. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Welcome, Jayne! :) We are honored to have a former President from the Civ2 Democracy game in our midst. Will you be joining us for our next adventure?

Speaking of which, I am going to do everything possible to ensure that the Civ3 DG4 gets off the ground by January 1st, 2004 at the very latest. We can always transfer the MSDG to the new forum.

3. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Thanks for the welcome! :D

I'm certainly hoping to get involved in the Civ III demogame now that I have a laptop which runs it properly, and sadly it looks unlikely there will be a fourth Civ II demogame.

4. zorven

zorven 12,000 Suns

I like December 1st, but see that it may suffer from neglect during the December holidays. But whichever the start date, we should have the forums and citizen registration up fairly soon after DG3 ends.

5. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Although this may sound odd, I actually would prefer that the forums for DG4 NOT be setup until the start of DG4.

We've got a good start on planning here, let's not clutter up DG4 with that. In the past, it seems that the planning for the next DG always is in the current DG.

The discussion on the format for the next DG hasn't really moved forward recently. As long as nobody object, I would like to start the process of taking the various proposals and ideas that have been brought forth and develop a legal framework for DG4.

I'm planning on doing this in stages, starting with basic questions, and working on one area at a time until we have the finished product. By focusing our efforts on a few areas at a time, I think we can work out the problems faster.

If I don't see any objections, I will start this process tomorrow morning.

-- Ravensfire

6. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

7. bluice

bluice Warlord

Could you please direct me in the way of Political Parties and take note in the new DGAME #4 that I don't have PTW like other people and it may stop me and new others participating in the DGAME #4

8. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I don't plan on opening a new forum until we are good and ready. It would probably open somewhere between the 15th and 20th of the previous month so that there is no confusion during the nomination process. The only thing we will carry over would be the final Game Option Polls(Map Size, Our Civ, Barbs etc). Everything else will take place here.

Addressing our ruleset in stages is a great idea. Once again, I would like you to consider the DG2 framework as a starting point, although I think we could work off of yours as well. At first glance, it seems that your outline asks all the right questions, so I feel that answering those and modifying the DG2 set may be the best approach. There are also some good ideas from FortyJ's set that should be revisited.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this idea, but let's have the rest of this discussion unfold in the Convention thread. :)

9. Sarevok

10. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Emperor

i really hope this game starts in december, starting this game January first with elections and such before the new year will more than likely hurt the elections process, unless you propose to start the nomination/election process early. By starting the game in December it gives the web design team time to get the website in order as well. especially if we are to add the rpg as an element to this again

11. Sarevok

12. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Hmm, then I should Start posting Nomination threads when the DG4 forums pop up, But I would have to have DZ close them and re-open them up on the proper date.

13. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Fionn, are you saying that you will be more prepared if you have less time to do so? :mischief:

Let's see how our ruleset discussions pan out before we start planning on a date. I would really like to see us do this right, and doing so would mean spending some extra time. I would like to get the bulk of our ruleset in order by December 1st, after which we can open the new site to discuss Game Start Options.

14. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Is it a possibility that we could do something novel and start on the 15th?

15. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Emperor

well i do have to get certain teams together for the website when we go to DG4

16. GenMarshall

I already have dibs on creating a Webpage for the Rules :)

17. GenMarshall

I noticed a Typo on DZ's Adnouncement. Are we going to be starting the game on December 1st, 2003?

18. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Emperor

no its not a typo, he wants to start Jan 1

19. GenMarshall

Heh, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me :crazyeye:

20. Sarevok