1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DG4 Start date?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Oct 10, 2003.

1. naervod

naervod My current user title

I want to go for December 1st, although I do like the date of November 15th...However, the majority seems to want 12/1.

2. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

3. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

For those who haven't heard, the official start date for DG4 is January 1st, 2004. The DG4 Forum will open 3-4 weeks before that so that we can discuss/poll game options and elect our officials for Term 1. :)

Please PM me with any questions on this. I will be unveiling a suggested rollout schedule sometime this week.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

01/01/04 sounds good to me. I hope I don't get the shakes too bad during my DG-less December. :D

5. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Oh, there will be plenty of DG-ful activities afoot in December, Cyc. ;) And since you have been a DGer since Day One, I am hoping that you hang around to help out as we devise our new ruleset and anything else that comes up.

Everyone, keep in mind that there will still be plenty of activity going on here for the next two months. So please stick around, as input is needed by all. :)

6. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

7. bluice

bluice Warlord

Sounds great Donovan, when can we expect to discuss the issue on whether or not we will use original Civ3 or PTW?

8. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

That's a little more definite than I expected given sentiment that is running toward December 1. Aren't you worried that interest will wane?

9. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I am somewhat, Dave, but this is one thing I did not want to subject to a poll for that very reason.

We are looking at a complete overhaul of our ruleset, plus several other factors that will need 2-3 days of discussion each. I am hoping that by keeping focus on an attainable deadline, steady debate of these issues will keep the interest of everybody that wants a say in the rolllout.

Basically, I am willing to risk waning interest now to avoid rushing an inferior product that will turn people away once the game begins. :)

10. Paalikles

Paalikles Emperor

I assume - from the fact that there are 2 threads where the topic is participation- that it will be better to wait till january.

To have one game "immediately" follow the other does not sound like a good idea. Sure the active citizens in this game would like it - but the rushing of rules and framework would make for less quality to the game. To ensure optimal participation - I would say that it is better to create a more interesting game (to lure back those "oldbies" ;) ) than to hurry off to please those players who have already become "hardcore" DG-citizens.
    DG1 had a lot of fun assoiciated with it - as it was unique and new.
    Nr 2 suffered from lack of "fun" in the end - and made way for the "great DG-exodus in the start of Nr 3

If I was to participate - December 1 would be out of the question -> that's the day of my first exam. Also Dec2 and 4 are not very good.
    My personal preference would be the middle of January

This has been 2 NOK worth from Paalikles, an "oldbie" :p