DG6 Discussion: Vanilla, or C3C?

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This is an official planning discussion. So, should we play vanilla Civ3, or C3C?

Keep in mind that, should we switch to C3C, we may have to compensate for certain bugs in 1.22. Most notorious are:

1 - Submarine Bug - the game does not give a "declare war" prompt when any unit runs into an invisible unit. Thus, war is declare immediately.

2 - AI Army bug - The AI builds armies maybe 0.00005% of the time now. We could tweak the Military academy so that it doesn't require a victorious army. Due to the fact that armies are much improved, and the human player is the only one that would use it, it would be seen as an exploit, since the AI will never build armies. Thus, we need some way for the AI to build them. To expand the possibilities:

1 - Military Academy - Remove the "requires victorious army" attribute.
2 - Give the AI a special building to build an army every X turns.

These are 2 issues that I think need to be fixed if we want to use C3C for DG6.

Once we decide on the game version, we can then decide civs, world traits, and even agression levels.

definetly conquests....
why dont we just not build armies, because another bug is that the ai will never attack an enemy army

That bug (it's actually a feature) is in vanilla Civ3, too. It's the way the AI looks at the defensive values. If you have a warrior army, I'm pretty sure the AI might attack it with cavalry.

I dont think these bugs are a very big deal. If the AI doesn't build armies it is better for us. You could say it is compensation if we move to emperor.
Submarines bug... Ya well, Stuff happens. :)

Either vanilla with a mod, or C3C. C3C is my preference really because everyone else wants to, but we can name units in such a manner like "City Name (Province Initial) - Unit" (ie; Epolenep (HAI) - Worker). It could be interesting to see which cities provide what units, etc...besides naming units, it just keeps the game interesting. About the tweakings: I'd prefer just to keep it the way it is. If we up the difficulty, we won't need to tweak it.

Gres said:
I dont think these bugs are a very big deal. If the AI doesn't build armies it is better for us. You could say it is compensation if we move to emperor.

I guess you have a point on that one... :)

Should make up for any major mistakes we make, which will happen when you have a lot of discussion, with something being overlooked.

Conquests, I would hate to see us play vanilla for the 6th time in a row.

I'll join the game if it's C3C. If it's Vanilla, then I won't even lurk.

despite not having C3C I favor getting it because it makes the game more interesting and as long as their is some sort of Freedom of Information act to make it easier for me to find out what is going on.

Conquest would be nice..

Didn't we already poll this a couple of times?

Yes we did poll it. I'm assuming Chieftess's intent was to make sure we're informed about the bugs.

The submarine bug can be fixed by modding the units to not be invisible. Don't really have a way to fix the army bug. If we're really that concerned about it, just vote down creating any armies, though that makes MGL's pretty lame at best.

Cyc said:
Didn't we already poll this a couple of times?
only once, and unfortunately it has no end and it was labeled with "Informal" so i guess we cant really count that as formal :rolleyes:
but there is also almost overwhelming support in almost any topic on DG6 to go to conquests...

Top Bottom