Dgame IV Roles and Responsibilities

Lord Civius

Emperor
The usual way it works is a few citizens come up with various government positions and citizens fill the spots that need to be filled alot of times even if it is not really what they want to do. I'd like to see us take a different approach and let each citizen come up with something they want to do that will keep them interested and at the same time contribute to the game. For instance NKVD wants to be the cartographer. Civplayah wants to be the cultural advisor. Why not let citizens choose their roles and responsibilities. If nothing else, from this thread, we can gauge what level each citizen wants to participate. Please post with the aspects that interest you.

Civ IV:
  • Turn-playing
  • Research
  • Economy
  • Foreign Affairs (Diplomacy, Trades and Treatise)
  • Military
  • Espionage
  • Culture
  • Religion
  • City Management
  • Civics
  • Other
Dgame:
  • Government
  • Constitution/Rules
  • Citizen Groups/Politics
  • R.P. Stories
  • R.P. Economy
  • R.P. Land Ownership
  • Cartographer
  • Historian
  • Other
or....
  • Lurking
  • Voting in polls

Foreign affairs
Culture/Wonders
Religion
Citizen Groups/Politics

I'm not good much at Civ besides diplomacy and culture. I also like to RP, but never find the time. So, if someone starts an RP economy or something like last DGame I'll gladly participate.
btw, nice thread.

@NKVD, RP land ownership is where you RP owning Civ tiles or RP living or working on a tile, etc. You could also RP governing provinces, states, or cities.

Even though I absolutely loath the idea of official positions this idea is not that bad as long as the positions are not exclusive. Make up whatever title you like for yourself but it doesn't grant you any authority. Your authority would come from the quality of your posts. Nor would your title in anyway restrict the subject matter on which you may post.

That being said I really like the corporation and spying aspects of the game and religion too.

I'm up for organizing the research efforts.

I'd be up for doing anything.

Like i have mentioned before I am pretty new to civilization 4 so really want to experience how to play the game well. So I'd like to do a little bit of everything if possible.

If not then whatever I get assigned I will do my best to learn from others and have a good time with :)

I have broad interests, I'd be interested in Turn playing, Research, the Military, Foreign affairs, City Planning, and R.P. Economy.

I'll participate in the R.P. stories and join NKVD in the History Dept., if that's ok with him.

I'll participate in the R.P. stories and join NKVD in the History Dept., if that's ok with him.

i prefer dealing with another person who wants to take the task of history and\or geography than having to make a poll each time we want to name a battle or a lake like the last demogame i played. I couldnt even name a hill without having 50% of the people voting for it. Like I said, before we discovered alphabet i quitted the game.

i prefer dealing with another person who wants to take the task of history and\or geography than having to make a poll each time we want to name a battle or a lake like the last demogame i played. I couldnt even name a hill without having 50% of the people voting for it. Like I said, before we discovered alphabet i quitted the game.

As you can see we are trying to cut out the red tape anywhere we can. I have no problem with giving the Civilizations Cartographer and Historian full control of naming in their department.

As you can see we are trying to cut out the red tape anywhere we can. I have no problem with giving the Civilizations Cartographer and Historian full control of naming in their department.

you get my vote!

Its not i want to name all things like I want. Its just that for example I would give 4 possible names for a Lake in a poll and everybody were voting for ''None of the above'' without proposing anything.

i prefer dealing with another person who wants to take the task of history and\or geography than having to make a poll each time we want to name a battle or a lake like the last demogame i played.
I believe that means I'm in. Thank you, NKVD. I believe History would be best for me in my situation. If you were to be Cartographer and do the maps, I would be Historian and write about events. You can be in charge of the naming process for all of the geographical features, and I could work with a process for naming events. And of course we would be able to combine the efforts of our offices. An Historian would definitely needs the advice of the Cartographer for factual purposes. And a request for an ocassional, specific map may arise.

I am honored that you have let me take part of this, NKVD.

I am starting to get a picture of our Council broken down into Roles and Responsibilities. Keep in mind no office is exclusionary and gives you no authority. Your authority would come from the quality of your posts. The only exceptions would be Historian and Cartographer as they would have the final say in their department. All game decisions will be decided by the Designated Player under the advisement of the Council.

Cyc- Historian
NKVD- Cartographer
Vandal Warlord- Military Leader
Mike6424- Research/Tech Path
Civplayah- Religion/Culture
Grant2004- Foreign Affairs
Lord Civius- Economy/City Management
1889- Espionage
Shipnah- Undecided

These are just recommendations based off each citizens posts. I think each Council Member should also open a discussion thread for their office once the game gets started.

Looks good Lord Civius. And since your the engine for this right now would you be interested in being at least our initial turn player?

I think we need to discuss the Designated Player aspect a little further. I like the idea of a Council Member being chosen for each turn session. The current rules gives the DP ultimate authority concerning the in-game decisions. I'd like to add some checks and balances to his/her authority. However I do not want to see the system bogged down with red tape. Any suggestions??

Top Bottom