1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DGOTY Challenge

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by DaveShack, Jan 24, 2007.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Announcing the Democracy Game of the Year Challenge.

You've probably heard of the GOTM, and perhaps the SGOTM. You might be familiar with Democracy Games. What do you get if you mix GOTM with DG? DGOTM, except we don't have DG's fast enough to do one a month, so we'll start off with a slightly longer time period and think in terms of one a year.

In this game, you get the same start as [civ4] Demogame 1. Play the save like you would a GOTM, no reloading or exploits (on the honor system). Well, at least some of you can play it that way, the ones who didn't play DG1 or follow its comings and goings. Those of us who did participate in DG1 can also play, but we're in the "Spoiled" division. The Spoiled Division is self-identifying -- please don't say you're unspoiled if you have looked at DG1 saves or threads.

You're encouraged to keep your notes and screenies, and post in the upcoming spoiler threads. Nothing is set up for game submissions yet, we'll see if that is worthwhile depending on how many say they're playing.

Let's aim to finish in a month. No late penalties here given it's not truly a competition yet. ;)

Don't post any spoilers from either division until the spoiler threads are posted, in around 10 days.

The Save

2. robboo

robboo Deity

GREAT IDEA....

I will have to give this a go.

3. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

What was the mapsize? If it's standard I might try to play it.

4. DaveShack

I don't remember. :blush: Whichever one starts with 7 civs.

5. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

I guess that's standard then.
    I get a error (http error 404) when trying to download the save though, is the link correct?

6. DaveShack

Ouch, it was a bad idea for me to assume the link was still good.

I'll go poke around to see if I can find it.

7. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

That's the problem with TF's file removal script...

EDIT: The latest I have (so far) is 1850BC... (I could "repair" the save, but I'm not sure how close to authentic it would be)

8. DaveShack

You mean earliest you have? Maybe it can be recovered by building a worldbuilder save (by removing everything but a standard set of starting units in the right places) and then relaunching the game. We do have the necessary info for that.

9. robboo

robboo Deity

hmmm I may still have the an old save on my old computer but it wont be form the beginning it will be from term 2. I can check tomorrow since its in my kid's bedroom and she is asleep now.

Anyone a file pack rat from term 1?

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Right.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to ride with the family to drop my little sister off at her college (4 hours away) - then visit a family friend. So, definately not within the next 10-12 hours.