Diagnosing a CTD?

Moriboe

King
I'm running a game with a bunch of little mods of mine and suddenly I get a CTD. There's no error in the lua or database logs. I disable all custom lua and I delete custom CS types: same still happens. I know who the offending player is so I remove all his gold etc, delete all his units: no effect. So I delete the player entirely and can play on. After ~5 turns: CTD again. All these mods do small scale, innocent stuff and no "reload landmarks".

Anyone have any tips how to go about and diagnose what happens? Is it possible to get a stack trace somehow now that the dll is released? Help appreciated!

Start with only one of the mini mods active, play and see if you get a CTD if not, active at the next one, rinse and repeat till you find the one that is causing the issue.

They have "affect save games" checked, so I can't disable them in my current game. I guess for most that isn't strictly necessary so I can rebuild them and try a new game. It might require an awful lot of game time to track it this way though...

Mystery solved: I was so stupid not to include spy names for a new civ :blush:. Thanks for replying!

Top Bottom