Dial Back The Paranoia Meter

lol, when I was coming back from Mexico, they though he was a criminal until the realized his height, weight, skin color and accent were all wrong, epic fail

lol, when I was coming back from Mexico, they though he was a criminal until the realized his height, weight, skin color and accent were all wrong, epic fail
Shows how "reliable" the Terror Watchlist is :rolleyes:.

I consider not being able to take drinks on to the plane to be a violation of my liberties, as prices in airports are ridiculous.

Do you carry everything to prove that you are not on the list?

I carry a valid military ID with me and my drives license at all times.

Especially if you have no knowledge until the time you are told by security that you are on the no fly list.

There is this thing called a phone. It pays to use it ahead of time.

It's an overwhelming hassle to prove that you are not the person on the list.

I already acknowledged this earlier.

The Fly List is a joke and a violation of civil liberties.

No, actually its not.

There should be a better way to PREVENT such false positives from happening in the first place, but I guess whom ever decided to create the Terror Watch List did not take into account when they first started it.

Shrug. Its not a perfect world. I had my dads bad credit on my name for a long time because we had the same name. It was an incredible hassle to clean it all up. Should there have been an easier way to do that? Sure. Was it a violation of my civil liberties? HELL NO.

If the same false positive passanger who proved that he is not the same person as the list, he or she STILL has to go through the process all over again and prove to the agent and the security that they are not on the list.

No they dont. Didnt you read the link I gave you?

I have actually flown and no I have not failed to answer your so called question.

Yes you have failed to answer it up to this point...and guess what? I dont believe you have flown. At all. Ever. Your comments are so disjointed from people who have actually flown I think they come created from whole cloth.

I have been in an airport. I have not dropped the "everyone gets frisked and wanded", I still stand that they do get frisked and wanded.

Some do. But its a small minimum. Certainly not 'everyone'. This comment alone makes me think you didnt go to an airport at all.

Like a medal detector is not enough to prevent someone with a pair of bombshoes from going in.

Uh...civg...the guy with the bombshoes DID MAKE IT PAST THE METAL DETECTOR!!! HE FRIGGIN MADE IT ONTO THE PLANE!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid_(shoe_bomber)

Reid, according to the FBI using the aliases Tariq Raja (طارق راجا) and Abdel Rahim (عبدالرحیم), was arrested on 22 December 2001 for attempting to destroy a Boeing 767 on American Airlines Flight 63, a flight from Paris, Charles De Gaulle International Airport to Miami International Airport, USA, by igniting explosives hidden in his shoes.

Passengers on flight 63 complained of a smoke smell in the cabin shortly after a meal service. One flight attendant, Hermis Moutardier, walked the aisles of the plane, trying to assess the source. She found Reid, who was sitting alone near a window and attempting to light a match. Moutardier warned him that smoking was not allowed on the airplane; Reid promised to stop. A few minutes later, Moutardier found Reid leaned over in his seat; her attempts to get his attention failed. After asking "What are you doing?" Reid grabbed at her, revealing one shoe in his lap, a fuse which led into the shoe, and a lit match. She tried grabbing Reid twice, but he pushed her to the floor each time, and she screamed for help. When another flight attendant, Cristina Jones, arrived to try to subdue him, he fought her and bit her thumb. The 6 foot 4 inch (193 cm) Reid was eventually subdued by other passengers on the airliner, using plastic handcuffs, seatbelt extensions, and headphone cords. A doctor administered valium found in the flight kit of the aircraft.[5] The flight was diverted to Boston's Logan International Airport. Authorities later found PETN with a triacetone triperoxide (TATP) detonator hidden in the lining of his shoes.

Oh my GOD. :crazyeye: Please by all that is holy....just stop already.

It does not make any mention on how to get your name off the list.

Yes...it does.

You can pull all the Franklin quotes out of your butt as much as you can. It wont help in defending the authoritarian Bush Administration.

The authoritarian Obama administration is implementing the same rules. Or hadnt you noticed? :rolleyes:

I also love it that its ok for you to use a Franklin quote...till you get corrected on it and get beat around the head with a few more. Nice.

I aint backing away from anything.

Fine...its your rep to ruin I guess. Go right ahead.

Again, the pre 9/11 world is a far better place than a post 9/11 world. I'd like to see the United States return back to the Pre 9/11 world and before Bush rubbed his grubby hands on the Consitution like if it was his personal napkin.

What has Obama changed in regard to the TSA and the no-fly list? Anything? Nothing?

No, actually its not.
Which? That it's a joke or a violation of civil liberties?

Yes you have failed to answer it up to this point...and guess what? I dont believe you have flown. At all. Ever. Your comments are so disjointed from people who have actually flown I think they come created from whole cloth.

Some do. But its a small minimum. Certainly not 'everyone'. This comment alone makes me think you didnt go to an airport at all.
Again, I have flown and I have been to an airport. The only thing I faced was getting wanded and frisked. As for the false positives, I rely on the stories told by trustworthy news sources other than Fox.

The authoritarian Obama administration is implementing the same rules. Or hadnt you noticed? :rolleyes:
Living under a Democratic rule is FAR better than living under a Republican rule with Bush :rolleyes:.

Fine...its your rep to ruin I guess. Go right ahead.
I had enough arguing with a right winger. I freeking give up, if you want to keep eating blue pills, Thats fine by me. I aint taking none of that Republican redpill crap that you keep feeding the CFCers (Whatever happened to the liberal American posters who hate Bush's guts so much?). I'm saving my reputation while it last.

What has Obama changed in regard to the TSA and the no-fly list? Anything? Nothing?
Obama wasint the one who started it, It was Bush who got the ball rolling.

Obama isn't implementing the same rules, he just hasn't changed them, he has had only six months in office... FDR didn't get the best things out until he was two years in... also 24 months is about necessary to divide bad-luck/inherited-big-mess from Incompetence

@CG. So getting metal detected at the airport is a denial of civil liberties.? Just wow. :crazyeyes: How dare they check you and others just in case someone is trying to do something illegal? I bet you will be one of the first to complain when a bad thing happens on a plane due to a relaxing of security, should it happen.

EDIT. No link, so this did not happen. ;)

It would help if it's not the case that a large number of security officials immediately become total a-holes when a few little things deviate from their expectations.

And this comes from a person who travels a lot.

Again, I have flown and I have been to an airport. The only thing I faced was getting wanded and frisked. As for the false positives, I rely on the stories told by trustworthy news sources other than Fox.

What about the sources in this very thread.

Living under a Democratic rule is FAR better than living under a Republican rule with Bush :rolleyes:.

For all intents and purposes for someone like you or me: its the same. My life hasnt changed 1 iota between Obama and Bush so far. Neither has yours.

I'm saving my reputation while it last.

Ahem:

Like a medal detector is not enough to prevent someone with a pair of bombshoes from going in.

:lol:

No comment about that?

For all intents and purposes for someone like you or me: its the same. My life hasnt changed 1 iota between Obama and Bush so far. Neither has yours.
I disagree, my life has did indeed changed after Bush left office. I feel that I am more freer and more patriotic under the Obama administration. Under Bush, I felt less free and cannot put myself to be patriotic to my country after invading Iraq. You continue to disagree, but I hated Bush guts after he invaded Iraq with no reason, his Patriot Act and Phone Wiretaps did not helped with my perception of Bush. Thank GOD he finaly left office months ago and gone into the shaddows.
mobboss said:
No comment about that?

Unless the person in question actualy straps a pipebomb (Which contains enough iron and metal to trip off a metal detector) to one's feet, the explosive compounds are not enough to set off a metal detector. Like the infamous shoe bomber, he stored explosive compounds right in his shoe. It was his behavior on trying to light the fuse that caught the attention of the flight staff.

I disagree, my life has did indeed changed after Bush left office.

Uh....how? What do you do that is signifcantly different today than you did say last October prior to the election?

NOTHING.

I feel that I am more freer and more patriotic under the Obama administration.

Feelings and emotion have very, very little do with the actual facts of the situation.

Again, I am sure your go about your day pretty much the same as you did when Bush was in office....day in, day out. Just like the rest of us.

And I really fail why its a problem to admit that. It shouldnt even be that big of a deal honestly.

Under Bush, I felt less free and cannot put myself to be patriotic to my country after invading Iraq.

Again...those 'feelings' and 'emotion'. Tell me, do you get the Chris Matthews 'shiver up your leg' like he does when he thinks of Obama? :lol: While thats nice and all (I guess) its not really change.

Gitmo is still going. Economy is worse actually. Troops are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are even expanding our role in Pakistan. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Unless the person in question actualy straps a pipebomb (Which contains enough iron and metal to trip off a metal detector) to one's feet, the explosive compounds are not enough to set off a metal detector. Like the infamous shoe bomber, he stored explosive compounds right in his shoe. It was his behavior on trying to light the fuse that caught the attention of the flight staff.

Which is WHY you now remove your shoes as part of the TSA procedure.

At least you did back off your ridiculous earlier claim about a metal detector being enough to discover a shoe bomb.

Uh....how? What do you do that is signifcantly different today than you did say last October prior to the election?

NOTHING.

Again, I am sure your go about your day pretty much the same as you did when Bush was in office....day in, day out. Just like the rest of us.
You keep saying that, and I still say that I strongly disagree with you. When Bush was in office, I was looking forward and counting the days till he was out of office. Not to mention the rants against him.

And I really fail why its a problem to admit that. It shouldnt even be that big of a deal honestly.
I really do not want to give you the feeling of glee when I take your little "red pill"

Again...those 'feelings' and 'emotion'. Tell me, do you get the Chris Matthews 'shiver up your leg' like he does when he thinks of Obama? :lol: While thats nice and all (I guess) its not really change.
You don't see me ranting about Bush now adays. That should be a good thing to you right wingers.

Gitmo is still going. Economy is worse actually. Troops are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are even expanding our role in Pakistan. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Gitmo is going to be closed. Economy is getting better (Dow over 9000!!). Troops are going to be withdrawn from Iraq. I don't know why you listed Afghanistan because no where in my previous posts did I stated that I was against the War in Afghanistan. On Pakistan, who said that I was against Pakistan?

I really do not want to give you the feeling of glee when I take your little "red pill"

Your failure to prove your life was any different aside from your emotion was enough.

You don't see me ranting about Bush now adays. That should be a good thing to you right wingers.

You just did that more than a handful of times in this very thread. :lol:

Gitmo is going to be closed.

Considering the fact that it was already supposed to be closed per Obamas order..and it wasnt might be an indicated that there is trouble in paradise.

Economy is getting better (Dow over 9000!!).

Not really an overall indicator of how well or how bad the economy is doing. Jobless rates continue to climb.

Troops are going to be withdrawn from Iraq.

Only down to a certain level. We are going to have a military presence there for years to come and you know it. You may not want to admit it...but you do indeed know it.

Well, at least we're not staying there for 100 years. :p

Your failure to prove your life was any different aside from your emotion was enough.
I did not failed to prove anything mobboss. My life is indeed different now than it was during the Bush administration. I already told you that I am more freer now than I was during the Bush administration. What's next, youre going to tell me that my life is no different in comparison with the Clinton administration?

You right wingers are odd sometimes. But I guess being of an older generation, you simply just don't get my generation.

You just did that more than a handful of times in this very thread. :lol:
The subject of the rants (Iraq, Patriot Act) are old news buddy. Did Bush do anything recent? No. If he did, what's the point of ranting about him writing some book down in Crawford?

Considering the fact that it was already supposed to be closed per Obamas order..and it wasnt might be an indicated that there is trouble in paradise.
It should be closed and it will be closed. The Messiah Obama said he will close Gitmo for good. But as usual the Republicans on Capital Hill want to keep it open to keep on practicing torture and give the US a bad world image.

Not really an overall indicator of how well or how bad the economy is doing. Jobless rates continue to climb.
Incase if you were not aware, unemployment claims have been going down steadily. Strange how you said and sided that the economy was going strong while the rest of us are saying it's going sour.

Only down to a certain level. We are going to have a military presence there for years to come and you know it. You may not want to admit it...but you do indeed know it.
I already know that were only going to have just an advisory presence there, nothing more. It's about time the Iraqis fend for themselves.

I did not failed to prove anything mobboss. My life is indeed different now than it was during the Bush administration. I already told you that I am more freer now than I was during the Bush administration.

HOW?

Dont tell me you 'feel' free...tell me HOW you are more free.

You still work the same job. You still live with your parents. You still have the same debt. Every other thread you comment on you lament on how much your life sucks and doesnt get any better.

And yet you feel more free?

I think you are simply arguing for arguements sake here since in other threads you equally complain how your life sucks and how you constantly wish it would get better. In other words, your comments in other threads are simply not in line with the ones you give here.

Perhaps you can explain that...and leave your feelings out of it.

What's next, youre going to tell me that my life is no different in comparison with the Clinton administration?

Aside from you completing school, how has it changed? You havent indicated anything to say otherwise at all. And as I pointed out, in other threads you simply complain a lot about your life. So, no...I dont think its different at all, and in fact, you probably wish you were back in school instead of working your job and living at home. At least thats what you have said in other threads.

You right wingers are odd sometimes. But I guess being of an older generation, you simply just don't get my generation.

Young people can be conservative too, civg...and I remind you, I have three kids younger that you that I relate to very well. In fact, my two oldest just moved out today into their own place. Good for them.

The subject of the rants (Iraq, Patriot Act) are old news buddy. Did Bush do anything recent? No. If he did, what's the point of ranting about him writing some book down in Crawford?

Errrr. :crazyeye:

It should be closed and it will be closed. The Messiah Obama said he will close Gitmo for good. But as usual the Republicans on Capital Hill want to keep it open to keep on practicing torture and give the US a bad world image.

It wasnt the republicans but rather the democrats that pulled Obamas funding to close the prison by his deadline. Remember, the republicans are in minority right now in congress, they dont have a lot of pull at the moment. Perhaps you need to look up a few facts about that and educate yourself. I already posted several links in the OT awhile back showing that Obama has indeed kept more than a few of the Bush era options open for him where Gitmo was concerned and you were duly shocked. Have you forgotten about that already?

Incase if you were not aware, unemployment claims have been going down steadily.

Going down huh? How about some links and proof to combat your incorrect assumptions: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jSFgkQM9c6vFtgVgX78SAwzQvKvwD99OEJMO0

May-June joblessness up in 90 pct of metro areas
By JEANNINE AVERSA (AP) – 2 days ago

WASHINGTON — More than 90 percent of the nation's largest metropolitan areas saw their unemployment rates climb in June from the previous month.

Some of the biggest increases hit college towns, where the annual summertime exodus of students causes bars, restaurants and other businesses to cut staff. The Detroit area, hit hard by manufacturing layoffs tied to the beleaguered auto industry, also got stung in June.

Unemployment rates rose from May to June in 348 of more than 370 metro areas, according to an Associated Press analysis of Labor Department data released Wednesday.

The figures aren't adjusted to account for seasonal trends, such as lifeguards hired during summer or retail clerks let go after the holiday shopping season. So they tend to be volatile from month to month.

The Labor Department does not provide seasonally adjusted metro area unemployment data. It does adjust the national unemployment rate for seasonal factors. The U.S. jobless rate, which hit 9.5 percent in June, is expected to rise to 9.7 percent when the department reports the July rate next week.

When are you going to learn to do your homework there civg?

I already know that were only going to have just an advisory presence there, nothing more. It's about time the Iraqis fend for themselves.

So you acknowledge that all the troops are not going to leave Iraq for a very long time. Very good. Thats a start.

Are you using the term "the Messiah Obama" sarcastically?

Somehow I dont think so.

<snip, personal attacks removed>

And yet you feel more free?
I feel more free from the authoritarianism of the Bush Administration. Which was the original argument before you took the personal attack route.

I think you are simply arguing for arguements sake here since in other threads you equally complain how your life sucks and how you constantly wish it would get better. In other words, your comments in other threads are simply not in line with the ones you give here.

Aside from you completing school, how has it changed? You havent indicated anything to say otherwise at all. And as I pointed out, in other threads you simply complain a lot about your life. So, no...I dont think its different at all, and in fact, you probably wish you were back in school instead of working your job and living at home. At least thats what you have said in other threads

You'd be surprised on how wrong you are (and yet decided to take the personal attack route :rolleyes: ). I'm not arguing for argument sakes and I am not complaining how my life sucks. Tell me, are you one of those people who believes "once a bad egg, always a bad egg"?

You are also wrong when you stated that " wish were back in school instead of working for your job and living at home". NO! I DONT wish I were back in school and NO I dont wish to be living at home with my folks. You think that it's not different at all, I've got news for you, it is different.

Young people can be conservative too, CivG...and I remind you, I have three kids younger that you that I relate to very well.
No they cant, may I remind you. That you were the one (and another poster) were dictating who was a conservative and who was not.

Going down huh? How about some links and proof to combat your incorrect assumptions:
My assumptions are not incorrect. Did I mention anything, ANYTHING, in regards to unemployment rate? No I did not. I made a statement that unemployment insurance clams were going down! I made no mention of unemployment rate. Of course unemployment rate is steadily going up and I am well aware of that even before you posted that link. I know you are going to be smug about it and pull up a link to an article about a spike in unemployment insurance claims, I am going by the data before the spike happened when normally this is the season when auto plants shutdown and retool their plants, etc.

When are you going to learn to do your homework there CivG?
Look buddy, I watch the news, I read the paper. Of course I do my homework.

Top Bottom