Dicktator in trouble. (Revmod question's)

Ogaburan

Warlord
"The need of the ME exceed the needs of the many"
-Ogaburan during the Ethio-Franco-Duch rebelions.

Ive been ranting about my situation in the feedback section, but i realized this is not a "bug". Yet i refuse to admit defeat (nor concede) i will just humble myself and ask for advice from anyone who thinks he can help. I consider myself a really good Civ player, and usually im looking for anything that will make my game harder. This situation is just frustrating me because i do not understand it. Furthermore i refuse to believe there is nothing to be done. Every puzzle has a solution. Maybe im just not good enough to get out of this by myself... so plz help me... :sad:

Game settings:
-Deity.
-Large map.
-Revmod. :mischief:
-Barbarian Civ.

Originally 8 cities (now 7):
2 Original Cities. :goodjob:
2 Barbarian cities (one i gave to the Ethiopian rebels).
2 Cities From the Dutch. :smug:
2 Cities form the Aztec. :clap:

My problem is that im stuck in a loop of constant rebellions. Even worse i do not know how i got there nor how to stop it. :(

Current situation is:

Everything seems to be improving, yet somehow they keep on revolting. I just dont get the mechanics. :wallbash:

For example Paris:

- Originally Barbarian... turn french, occupied by Babylonians.. i only took it because of its strategic place in order to stop Babylonian axeman form getting to my capital.
Questions:
A. Paris 1622 - what does it mean? the 1622 is the current number of "rebellious points"?
B. Danger -256 (improving) 4,0 -
I must be stupid, but nothing about that line makes scence to me.
Danger is bad... but "-" next to it is good?
Or is it improving by -256, or just by 4,0?
If all the "good" is marked with "-" i must be improving the sshizzle out of that city no?
C. Why don't they like me? :crazyeye:

My Aztec cities are also showing the same statistics more or less:

D. This is good no? Or should i expect more rebellions?

My biggest problem is Utrecht (not Amsterdam for some strange reason, even if its the farthest city):

Problem here is "clear". Rebelious cicizens dont work the land and starve themselves to death while i try to make them build a temple. :goodjob:
YET...
E.Improving... how is it so?
Dis confuZEZ meeeeeeee... :confused:

I am also currently at peace with the Dutch and Spanish rebels, because i cant find their stupid remaining scout anywhere.
F. Is that a good thing? Or i should exterminate them next time?

Note that during the rebellions i had:
- A golden age.
- Constructed 2 national wonders (Wall & Garden)
- Burned 2 barbarian cities.
- Crushed about 7 rebellions.
- Gave a city away.
- Discovered 2 new techs.
- Recently made peace with the rebels.
- Had a revolution to change to "better" civics. During which i had a rebellion of barbarian unites that the great wall threw off my borders. (STRANGE)

I read somewhere all of this should help....

G. How do i stop any more rebellions?!

Thanks in advance!
Silly me.
:king:

you can solve D with Trade Caravans

A.) Yeah, something like that. It's an arbitrary number system that Jdog invented. 0 is for completely stable, 4000 is totally instable. 1000+ is usually a bad sign.

B.) The points level is bad overall. It's going to improve by 256 points next turn, but it's still in the very bad territory. The 4 is how many points locally the city gains each turn. The large negative number is because something momentous happened, either you bribed them, you conceded to rebel demands, won a war, or something of the like.

C.) Because their revolution indices are all 1000+. Just because relations are improving now doesn't mean that you still aren't a bitter enemy.

D.) Seeing how the Revolution Index for the city is ~3k, I would expect more revolutions. I highly doubt you will be able to hold the city.

E.) You must have done something momentous, see above.

F.) It depends. If you are playing with the option that means you need to hunt them down the last man, you shouldn't declare peace, otherwise, declaring peace when the opponent has no cities should mean that they get defeated.

G.) Expand slower, ensure that your economy is stable (Science slider above 60%), keep cities happy and health, and avoid non-state religions. Once you get your religion, avoid founding any others. A large garrison is a good last resort.

Hopefully this helps.

One huge factor I found helped early on is to get rid of cheifdom ASAP. I noticed that was one of the civics that you were sporting in the Paris Screenie.

Oh that reminds me, Afforess. In my 1.55 game, the civs that rebelled from my useless vassals simply would not re-integrate once they had no cities, but still had plenty of troops. Has that bug been fixed in the betas?

@Afforess

I "solved" this.
I think its an exploit, so u might want to fix this or not.
My conscious is clear... :lol:

Basically what i did is i waited until i could declare war in my rebellious faction, then gifted him all my rebellious cities. In the same turn i took 4 of them since he had no defenders in them and the next turn i took Amsterdam the last city.

Paris was still a stronghold of rebellious spirits, so when it got to 2000 again... i gifted it to my other rebellious faction and re-conquered.

The war's were short, and i barely lost any buildings, just some population that actually helped bringing the population under control.

In reality
I doubt the various rebels would appreciate me giving them stuff and then retaking it by force. I think it would do the exact opposite of pacifying them... i think it would piss them off badly. :mischief:

@ Civ Fuhrer

Yes!
...and the senate is really good for major revolts.
In one revolution i just won the election and everyone was happy.

Top Bottom