Did someone say resources were scarce?

Smellincoffee

Trekkie At Large
I'm not seeing it. :lol:

Actually, I am-- but this is an awfully nice event. Too bad I'm not playing a militaristic civ. A bunch of elite Ancient Cavalry would be very nice.

Attachments

• clipboard02.jpg
    clipboard02.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 805
My current game:
No Horses.
No Coal.
No Oil.
1 Rubber.
2 Iron.
No comment.

Actually, those are luxuries, which tend to be clustered together like that in one area. I guess they could be kind of considered resources for the one wonder. True resources like iron, saltpeter, can be much more rare. You stand to make a pretty penny from all that ivory though!

Ah-- for some reason I've begun to think of Ivory as a strategic, mostly due to Zeus.

Wormwood: yeah, unless the AI decides it's worth fighting for, which I wouldn't be suprised. I've been attacked six times in one game over one city. (The same city, Rhiems, had three ivories, and was attacked all six times, despite other, weaker cities being closer to the front.

The only good thing about lack or resources is you won't run out. I have not run out of a single thing since I installed C3C, and I play games with a 1000 Turn limit(your normal game limit is 540)

I am also having a serious problem with strategic resource avalability. It makes the game terribly difficult to dominate on a regular basis!

I am having no luck trading for them and I just can't stand waging war if I can help it. I suppose I'll have to dust off and try some of those militaristc tribes... unfortunately I am usually short the strategic resource that brings an offiensive UU to bear when I DO want to wage war!

:eek:

Originally posted by kokoras
My current game:
No Horses.
No Coal.
No Oil.
1 Rubber.
2 Iron.
No comment.

play a bigger map, or one with more civs, the more civs, the more resources the RNG puts out, also in case one was put under a city, press ctrl-shift-m

I mostly play scenarios but in the few epic games I've played I've noticed that I genrally lack iron and salpetar.

at first I had some problems with the lack of S. resources but lately I seem to be luck enough to have horses, iron and sometimes saltpeter in my terrtory.

and I always play in huge maps with max # of civs

I usually play large or huge maps with 10 AI civs. Shortages seem abundant. In my current game (huge map with 5 continents) 4-5 civs are missing key resources: no iron or saltpeter or horses. It looks like there are 7 oil total and two of us control 4 of them. My nearest rival has one of the others, but doesn't know it yet. I will attack him and take it before he gets to use it.

I think, the limitations make for better games, and I'm not a war monger as a rule.

The lack of resources can get extremely annoying - last game I played there was NO aluminum on the map at all. :mad: I even did the Ctr-Shift-M thing to reveal the entire map. Couldn't get get Modern Armor, had to beat down the enemies Mech Infantry with artillery and tanks.

I am a little bit cheesed about this myself. My last game was going well despite the lack of horses and saltpeter, but when The closest oil was half a world away, I got p!ssed and quit (to play again when I have more patience). In my current game, the closest iron is once again halfway around the world. I am playing on standard maps with the maximum number of opponents (7) so this lack of strategic resources is really making me frustrated.

Originally posted by DreadCthulhu
The lack of resources can get extremely annoying - last game I played there was NO aluminum on the map at all. :mad: I even did the Ctr-Shift-M thing to reveal the entire map. Couldn't get get Modern Armor, had to beat down the enemies Mech Infantry with artillery and tanks.

are you sure you didn't forget to research Rocketry thats the tech thats needed for aluminum to appear

I did run out of strategical res. but no biggie, games are just more tense.

I've played many a game where I've started with no Horses, or no Iron. Those games are nail-biters, that is until you take the AI city with them in it. Also had fairly frequent games without oil. That really bites.

I think the shortages are well documented. I read somewhere that the shortages were the unintended consequence of the new bonus resources and terrain types.

Top Bottom