1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Did the terrorists win ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by otago, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I typed "terrorists win" into google images hoping to find funny pics. Didn't really succeed so here's just some pic I found.

#16 in moderate-safe-search is some topless Arab girl.

2. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

It'd have been amusing, since I think they wouldn't have detonated until after he smacked down on the pavement.

3. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

Of course they win. The Global Jihad against Crusader air travel regulations scored yet another victory on the infidel feast day.

4. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

If they meant to terrorize then absolutely. With a little help from their right wing american friends in the fearmongering media.

Im sure youve read about the guy who had the runs on the plane and had to lock himself up in the crapper for an hour. Massive panic over some nigerian dudes bowels.

Sane people dont do that, terrorized people do. ;)

5. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

That's what they WANT us think they want.

They really want every single American who wants to fly to be molested by an overweight guy in uniform.

They are closer to their goal now :(

6. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

I actually thought about this. If we're in the air, I'm not gonna cut it off him. I think he's gotta go. Unless we are absolutely sure it is fire detonated and that threat is gone.

If someone has explosives straped on them (depending on elevation?), I might pop the door and call "bomb out". Then I and/or other(s) go out the door.

7. Azale

Azale Deity

You lied! :mad:

8. dirtyparrot

dirtyparrot Upholding Brannigan's Law

I think that people ought to be more concerned about themselves than whether terrorists believe that they have won a moral victory. I don't believe in this whole if you don't do this, then the terrorists won claims.

9. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

Well, lets see. According to Infoplease.com, the goals of Al-Qaeda are as follows

In which case, AQ has falied to achieve its main goals.

----------
    Luckily, the latest attack on a western civilian target has failed. Hopefully the US and the rest of the world will refine its tactics and learn from this near-miss.

10. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Maybe. But they've changed us. That's a success of sorts. And they've reduced our influence and power in the world indirectly through timing it to catch a president who was never capable of a rational response to a crisis.

11. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

Not really. Yea, people piss there pants for a few days, then think about what TV they are going to buy.

It isn't a change, but simply the reaction any people might have expressed when faced with war and war like acts. And the Patriot Act? Well, far worse abridgments of our freedom occurred in the mid and early 20th century.

America's influence? Well, how do you quantify that?

12. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Weird, it's all different now. I swear it was true though. I notice that pic I posted isn't there anymore either. Pretty sure that was the search-term I used. :confused:

13. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

The past decade has seen a drastic increase in the police power and freedom of police action at the expense of civil liberties.

I don't think you can quite quantify power and influence. But it certainly seems we don't have the same ability to get what we want in international settings. A lot of bridges were burned. A lot of favors were used up.

14. Gilder

Gilder Deity

Have the terrorists given a speech in front of a large, patriotic "Mission Accomplished" banner?

Then no.

15. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

Drastic how? I mean, I find any cut in the constitution, no matter how small, a moral hazard. However, the so-called increase in police power and freedom of police action has either been available for decades or have been relatively minor compared to other constitutional offenses in the past.

You seem to be confusing the public persona of governments with there respective policies towards the US. They might talk like they are going to burn brides, but in reality, they are still willing to play ball with America.

16. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

What a baffling assertion.

17. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

I didn't even bother replying to that one, the ignorance surrounding Sharia Law in Britain cannot be defeated. So why try?

18. Labtec600

Labtec600 Emperor

I highly doubt the cave dwellers are sitting around with big smiles on their faces because when an American wants to get on a plane he has to take his shoes off before walking through security or he can't get up an hour before his planes lands.

I really think all the people that complain about all the new security measures don't even fly because none of the measures are a big deal.

19. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Civil law forms of Sharia law exist in some parts of Britain and it would be ignorant to dismiss the self-imposed Sharia Law by some Muslim "communities" in areas where they are large group.

20. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

Oh Please.

They totally won.

We suck.

Deal with it.

WTF kinda thread is this?