Votes: 114 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 124 48.2%
  • I'm like you, still wondering.

Votes: 19 7.4%

• Total voters

Teperi Blaze

Warlord
I still haven't, and I doubt I will buy one until the game is finished. But I want to....

A couple of bucks here and there is not a big issue for me, but I rather spend that money on a bug-fixed beer, than jumping in and get the same half-arsed AI's nagging my brains out.

I haven't bought any DLC. I wouldn't rule it out. If, later on, they bundled them together with a discount, I'd be qutie open to buying them all, but I haven't really had a great desire to do so as yet.

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition from D2D, so I got all the previous DLC civs as part of that deal. I'm not planning to buy any more right now but I may do in the future.

no , i am tempted as i play mp and that is greater incentive. Not enough tho, i hate the dlc trickle marketing

Bought Mongolia because I felt like running a killing spree. Ironically, my first game as Mongolia landed me on an isolated start, never even got to use Keshiks.

no, No, NO!

DLC are interesting for a good/great game. I never buy DLC for <cencored> game!

Yes, I did, and I thoroughly enjoy having them in the game. Regardless of what people may say about the AI (and I agree with some of it) having different AI civilisations leads to different games, and playing some of them is fun. I enjoy the diversity of lots of different civilisations in the game, and I enjoy using lots of different ones as well. So far I've not regretted any of the civs I've bought.

As for price, I'm currently in a situation where I'm having to live on pennies, due mostly to the fact that when I did have money I'd spend it on beer and takeaways (can you tell I'm a student :p) which, for one sitting was generally more expensive than buying a single DLC civ. Looking at it, I'd much rather pay for something that's going to give me a long-time satisfaction than a takeaway that's gone in half an hour, and digested by morning. At the very least I got longer play-time and enjoyment out of the Spanish than I ever got out of a pizza, so I really don't see what people are complaining about on the price front, unless people are so stingy all of a sudden.

If you're still in the air about it, then I'd advise, next time you're buying an extravagant meal, eating out for no reason or getting a takeaway, ask yourself how much you really, really want that meal, compared to how much fun you might get out of a DLC. If you'd still prefer the meal, that's fine, but then that's not a price issue. If you think you'd like to try the civ and it turns out badly, you've barely lost anything that you wouldn't have lost anyway, after a day.

For the price it's simple:
As long as a DLC is about as much as a beer, I'll forego one beer the next time I go out after buying a DLC :p

This was exactly my way of thinking after buying Babylon and Spain/Inca. It's the same amount of money with a simple drink really, with the difference that you can virtually play DLC civs forever.

The beer will last about 15-30 minutes only.

The version of Civ 5 I bought had some of the DLC civs but that's all.
Price of beer for content that's not worth the price of beer? People will buy any crap if it has a low price

Not yet. I might in the future, but I'm having enough fun with the existing civs and then there are all the modded ones...

In general, I'm not terribly fond of the paid DLC model. It feels like I get to pay a lot more for a lot less compared to a regular expansion, and while it's not much money each time it adds up.

Plus I don't drink beer anyway. :p

As long as a DLC is about as much as a beer, I'll forego one beer the next time I go out after buying a DLC :p

The price of next DLC means nothing. My morning coffee with cake costs twice more.

If the game is really interesting, I'm ready to pay some money for additions or DLC. However, Civ5 is a different case. This "game" is boring, buggy, etc. Plus/minus one or many new DLCs change nothing in this game. Really, how big the difference if you have CTD during Maya, Spain or Polynesia playing?

Moreover, note up to now absent the REAL modding tools for Civ5 graphics and source codes. These ones are much more important to have comparing to a new DLC.

DLC are icing on the cake, so to speak.

But if the game is chocolate cake, and you aren't that fond of chocolate cake, no icing flavor is going to make up for that.

That's where I stand currently. The game is...meh. Nothing special. The animations for the units are kind of pretty. That's about it, really. So, why would I buy any DLC? They won't magically make the underlying game better.

i go by the same logic, a pack of smoke is 15$ where i live so i don't complain about that and i dislike people complaining about it

i have all the DLC's and i will get the upcoming DLC and any other future DLC no matter what

keep the DLC's rolling, more patches to tweak it & hopefully an expansion pack/packs !!

i have 344 hours of gameplay and i still enjoy it so much, this game is da bomb :goodjob:

No, I do not want to support that practice. I may, however, buy expansions containing them if those expansions fix core issues in game and add something interesting in game. If expansion would be just DLC pack then forget it, will not buy that either.

New civs aren't worth of money. Anyone can (or should be able to) add them in forms of mods. I do not care about achievements or animated leader and speech (speech is annoying only really).

Top Bottom