1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you buy a DLC?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Teperi Blaze, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Have you bought a DLC?

1. Yes

114 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

124 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. I'm like you, still wondering.

19 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

I'm occasionally tempted -- the extra polish of Firaxis-made civs is a pleasant touch, as is the assurance that they'll be readily updated when new patches roll out. But as of now, I've bought nothing. I have zero interest in paying for new maps: in that category, there is nothing Firaxis can do that the Civilization community cannot. My psychological price barrier for new civs -- accepting that I'm paying for the scenarios, compatibility and graphical polish Firaxis adds more than I am the civs themselves -- is $1.99 (or $3.99 for the Inca/Spain pack); if they go on sale for that price or less, I shall splurge, but until then, the cost is just too high, especially considering the balance concerns I have with some of them.

2. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

Not yet. I have Babylon from Digital Deluxe, but haven't bought any of the actual piecemeal DLC. When it one day goes on sale at Steam/Direct2Drive I'll probably pick it up, but it's a little pricey in my opinion. And definitely not picking up the map packs, which are completely overpriced.

3. Thor Macklin

Thor Macklin Warlord

Yea, though I am not going to feed their lame money bags with my cash until
    they fix the game and make an EXPANSION. I was willing to spend money
    on the spanish, inca, and even Babylon, but some lame country like polynesia?
    Not a chance!

4. muxec

muxec Prince

Waiting for expansion/complete edition.

5. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I've bought the civ DLCs. Perhaps somewhat overpriced though.

6. jacyp

jacyp Winter Lover

I still don't see why buy more content for a game whose original content is broken.

7. Nekator

Nekator Master of Desaster

this...

8. Kerosene31

Kerosene31 Prince

What???? :lol:

I'm guessing you don't like Civ V, so here's a suggestion, when you are offered optional DLC, do not buy. :goodjob:

9. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I refuse to pay for extra content before the core game is finished.

10. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

:goodjob: Good advice:D

I really wanted to like it. I think it will be great as a multiplayer game or a mod one day.

On the bright side, the patch downloads forced me to modernize my router, which makes me happy, now that I have it.:king:

11. Jon the Bastard

Jon the Bastard Warlord

I did by the DLC... all of them, and I will continue to do so. I think the days of expansion packs are coming to an end and we will all see DLC take its place. You see it with online console games already and I think the same will go for PC gaming. Now, as to whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know... we'll have to wait to find that out. But, I just enjoy playing Civ V too much to pass up purchasing the DLC. I have enjoyed the new civilizations that have been released via the DLC and I have enjoyed the scenarios thus far. Of course, I just purchased the Polynesia DLC today so I'll have to play them a little bit before I can say if I like them or not. Otherwise, I'd say get used to DLC being released this way because I think we are going to see a lot more of it.

12. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

I bought the civ packs (Babylon, Spain & Inca, Polynesia) last night. I've not played them a lot yet, so no judgements on how they are, but my first game with Babylon is very nice so far.

I am obviously not going to buy the map packs. 3 euro's for a simple map seems ridiculous to me.