[GS] Dido forward settle

cknwo

Chieftain
Assuming same continent. Does anyone know how forward settling a neighboring civ work w/ the current loyalty system? Assuming neighbor civ's cities aren't too far apart (4-6 tiles)from each other. What about making your capital the forward settle? I heard loyalty is based on mainly population.

You can read the loyalty guide attached to my signature.

When you forward settle there is a number on the ground for the other AI's pressure (combined). This number does not include the pressure you will put on your own city once founded, it is a raw opposition pop pressure.
So if there is a -2 you know you can found your city and buy a monument and you will be fine, or if you are happy you will be fine without a monument. But if it is -6 you will need a governor. If it is -20 you will need to do a lot of fast work as described in the tips in my guide or you can as said use Phoenicia, Ibrahim or have a cultural alliance.

For Phoenicia's capital it applies as a normal city once as if it did not have a golden/dark age and again as if it did. This may sound great but you only have 1 pop to start unless you have Hunt Sic Draconis which means you start with 3. To make better use of this you would have to buy a granary, water mill ect and chop in any food around over the next few turns to rapidly grow you. I would recommend settling in Jungle with Magnus would be best as you could then also be chopping in an entertainment district and bread and circuses.
However.... the max pressure you will provide will be 20 and at the stage of the game you do this the enemy will be multiple 10 pop cities and it will likely be a fail without an indie rock band, forment unrest and perhaps a bit of looting of luxuries and starvation. My view on the value of this is it will be of use in speeding up flipping but is unlikely to be a huge difference unless as I said you can shop in that jungle and ED.

Ai will come after you hard if you foward settle it, unless @ lower difficulty.

Ai will come after you hard if you foward settle it, unless @ lower difficulty.

I think that is the point.
Players want to get the era score for forward settle.
They want the boost by getting DoWed.
Helps get to Feudalism faster.
They want the AI to attack so they lose their Army.
This makes the counterattack easier.

Of course if you want a longer or safer game you can play nice.
Ally up with all the AI and settle where ever you want while delaying your inevitable war.
I actually play this style a lot making friends and picking on the CS's and or weaker AI around turn 70 to 110.

Top Bottom