1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Die Schlapphüte

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by mostly-harmless, Dec 3, 2008.

1. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

IIRC, GNP = Beakers per turn + culture per turn + GP points + EPs per turn + gold per turn, all after multipliers.

Unless I'm forgetting something.

2. regoarrarr

regoarrarr Chieftain

So we should be able to see what techs they have, right? From F4?

3. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Yup it is in the turn update.

4. Krill

Krill Chieftain

When was the turn that we though MS lost 2 pop points? Could it have been a slave revolt?

5. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

maybe? it would fit. that is the #1 reason i stopped using slavery is cause of that stupid RE.

6. regoarrarr

regoarrarr Chieftain

Thanks - they have Writing and Alpha (at least) over us. We Have MC, Meditation (and Priesthood I think) over them.

I have been lax at keeping things up to date on my spreadsheet but I may have some time this afternoon for an update

7. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

No Rob, your the demographics guru. Thanks again. Another article that I have found very useful is "civ4 scoring explained" by Dianthus. In it he explains that ancient techs are multiplied by 1, Classical techs are worth twice as much, Medieval - 3 times, etc.

8. 1889

Another little problem guys. Alphabet is worth 4,000 soldiers, but I do not see a power increase when Kaz was supposed to get Alph. This sort of thing will become much less troublesome when we can see their power graph in 4-5 turns.

9. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

lol guru, all i did was look up the code and run some tests;).

Also i double checked, Alpha is worth 4k soldiers. It hard to see were they would lose 4k in the same turn, only if they deleted units. So maybe they didn't reasearch alphabet after all.

If it not alpha then it could either be monarchy or aesthetics. Maybe they plan an SoZ build?

10. 1889

KAZAHKSTAN score up 6 to 171
    Pop 10 (54) Land 23 (24) Tech 11 ancient, 1 classical (77) Wonders 1 (16)
    • No change in population so the 6 points are an ancient tech. Top team’s power rating also increased by 2,000 so it could be sailing although that would mean they got it in one turn.

CAVALLEROS score up 12 to 175
    Pop 13 (70) Land 23 (24) Tech 9 ancient, 1 classical (59) Wonders 1 (16)
    • 12 points with no change in population is a classical tech. An average increase of 6,000 soldiers worldwide means this could be Alphabet. Maybe they already have a deal in place with Kaz.

Most Advanced Civs
    • Kazahkstan: 11 ancient, 1 classical
    • SANCTA: 11 ancient, 1 classical
    • Saturn: 12 ancient
    • Cavalleoros: 9 ancient, 1 classical
    • Mad Scientists: 9 ancient

11. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Between our t62 and t63, there is a 5K increase in soldiers. Why couldn't Kaz have researched alphabet?

Also, Kazs' score increased by 6 and they received meditation after we played our turn, when Cavs logged in; they had to have researched alphabet. The other 1k soldiers increase can be accounted for by population.

12. 1889

@ Krill, The demographics screen updates the moment anything changes. If you move citizens to work different tiles GNP, MFG, etc are change immediately. Maybe I messed up but I don't see a power increase in the screenshot I tool after their 12 point score increase, so I don't think Alphabet was their classical tech.

Now here is what I have for their most recent score...

KAZAHKSTAN score up 6 to 177
    Pop 10 (54) Land 23 (24) Tech 12 ancient, 1 classical (83) Wonders 1 (16)
    • No change in pop so 6 points is an ancient tech. Top civ gained 2,000 soldiers this turn also so it looks like sailing again.

Sailing again huh?...clearly the analysis isn't going so well. Ya, could be a unit but kinda late to be building warriors and a little soon to be building galleys. This is the longest I've been able to keep this up in any game so far, but I may be nearing the end of the road. I'll keep it up for the sake of consistency but you may be better off relying on your instincts until I can double check this with their demographics. That should be in about 4 turns.

13. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Easiest way to check if Kaz have alphabet: enter the game. Press F4, and go to the tech screen. Someone else will have to do it because I can't enter the game...

14. Krill

Krill Chieftain

A comment on the stupidly high GNP number; that is likely a team that is currently researching writing with all thre prerequisites, as the GNP numbers reflect the tech boni a team gets when researching. I would not worry unduly about it, if the surmise is correct it should drop in a few turns

15. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I don't think it does include the tech bonus from researching a tech with prereqs.

16. Krill

Krill Chieftain

It does; I have the sim open atm: it shows 49 GNP when researching IW and 63 when researching writing.

17. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Is there a bonus to research when 1 optional prereq is researched?

18. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

yes - you get a 20% bonus for every optional prereq researched. So, with writing, if you have fishing AND wheel AND agri (I think those are the three prereqs), you get a total of 60% bonus (1 required + 2 optional)

19. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Yeah, with the exception of Divine Right IIRC, every tech apart from the first 6 (fishing, wheel, agri, hunting, myst, mining) have at least 1 optional prerequisite, so the amount of beakers produced is increased by a minimum of 20% (so each team only pays 5/6 of the tech price at most when researching a tech). In the case of writing we would pay 1/1.65 which is about 61% of the tech cost, around 109 beakers.

20. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Ah, no, the wheel is not an optional prerequisite in this case; it is mandatory, therefore is not taken into account. All of the techs shown in the upper right corner of the tech in the F6 screen are mandatory and do not take part in the calculation of prerequisite bonus, as the bonus only applies to optional prerequisites.