1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Die Schlapphüte

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by mostly-harmless, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Krill

Krill Deity

Comments:

Saturn seem to have built a worker at size 2, and then grown straight to size 5; so that was their second worker was either chopped out on the way to size 5 or not even started until size 5. No second city yet; must be building one now, they may be going for a religion but getting the Oracle would slow their growth spectacularly.

Kaz seem to have done what we did, workboat first then immediately build a worker, then they grew straight to size 5. I think they chopped straight into a settler, maybe they didn't get a second worker until afterwards, that would explain the growth to size 5 and the slightly slowed settler (they built the city shortly after we got CK down, but they never produced the settler except for when a chop arrived). If true they would need to get out alot of workers to continue growing.

MS: BW first. I'd assume they have build building and chopping workers out at size 3, and they are either about to settle their second city, or get henge/GW, but we don't have alot that we can comment on here about from wondering WTF they are doing; only time will tell if it was any good, and I'd bet that it wasn;t...

Cav: Same start as us, WB>worker. Maybe chopped into a worker while growing, and finished it at size 3, would explain the slightly longer growth times between size 3 and size 4.

Not really that sure about what happened with Cav/MS, though we can speculate a little.

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

our growth plan is still the fastest :D

3. Krill

Krill Deity

Our growth is best by a long way according to the stats...I think a couple of teams should have their third worker by now, but Saturn and MS ae screwing about by not having their second city. All we need to do is wait and see if we get the oracle now.

4. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

@1889

Yeah, the presentation is rough but that's ok...color coding and/or emboldening the different categories would help to break up the single block of text as it appears and make it easier to find data. Using the {list} tag for notes below the point updates might help too. EG:

Turn 21 / Score 51 -- Pop 2 (10) Land 8 (8) Tech 3 Ancient (17) Wonders 1 (16)
    • 20 turns after settling the capitol so these are land points.

Of course, I would only worry about that if you were planning on making this a recurring activity.

Also, I'm not too familiar with what colors are available and if HEX codes are allowed or not -- the example colors I used are pretty poor, IMO.

5. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

In the past I’ve had a little success comparing power ratings from demographics with the scores to determine when some techs were discovered because wheel, hunting, mining, and others make a noticeable jump in army size. What I get makes no sense though. For example it shows that Cavalleros lost their warrior before turn 24 and that Kazahkstan and Mad Scientists still don’t have Bronze!

So I’ll put that analysis in the garbage but up to turn 42(2300 AD) I’ve got

SATURN
    agriculture hunting and 6 of (fishing sailing wheel pottery writing animal husbandry archery mysticism mining masonry)

Capitol (founded 4000BC/ turn 0) size 5

KAZAHKSTAN
    fishing mining and 5 of (agriculture hunting sailing wheel pottery writing animal husbandry archery mysticism masonry)

Capitol (founded 4000BC/ turn 0) size 5

City #2 (founded2600BC/turn 35) size 2

MAD SCIENTISTS
    Mysticism mining and 5 of (fishing sailing wheel pottery writing animal husbandry archery agriculture hunting masonry)

Capitol (founded 4000BC/ turn 0) size 3

CAVALLEROS
    fishing mining and 4 of (agriculture hunting sailing wheel pottery writing animal husbandry archery mysticism masonry)

Capitol (founded 3960BC/ turn 1) size 5

City #2 (founded 2420 BC/turn 39) size 1

6. Krill

Krill Deity

2000 soldiers – Sailing, Hunting, Mining, Animal Husbandry
    4000 soldiers- Wheel, Alphabet, Astronomy, Metal Casting, Compass, Construction, Steel, Radio, Satellites
    5000 soldiers- Composites, Stealth
    6000 soldiers- Mathematics, Chemistry, Combustion, Archery
    8000 soldiers- Guilds, Fission, Flight, Bronze Working, Machinery, Assembly Line
    10000 soldiers- Horseback Riding, Iron Working, Artillery, Industrialism, Rocketry, Advanced Flight, Laser
    12000 soldiers- Gunpowder, Rifling, Military Science

So depending on the timing of the score and solider number increases shouldn;t it be possible to time the discovery of those techs?

7. 1889

Thats what I'm trying to do. Warriors also add 1,000 points as do some buildings. Even population points are and additional 1,000 points. The main problem right now is that the demographics screan shows a team still with only 2,000 soldiers on turn 18. That is a serious problem because all teams atart at 3,000 soldiers except saturn (who starts with 2,000) but population growth on turn 8 should have raised even them to 3,000.

So untill I can can find out how some team still had only 2,000 soldiers by turn 18 I'm kinda stuck.

Turn 0 power:
    Saturn 2,000 soldiers from hunting, 0 from scout.
    Kazakstan 2,000 soldiers from mining, 1,000 from warrior.
    Mad Scientists 2,000 soldiers from mining, 1,000 from warrior.
    Cavallieros 2,000 soldiers from mining, 1,000 from warrior.

8. Krill

Krill Deity

9. 1889

POWER

Prior to turn 17

The strongest Civ has 15,000 soldiers. A jump of 13,000 or 11,000 this soon is probably due to discovering Bronze. That could only happen if Saturn found Mining on turn 5 and Bronze between 15 and 18, Kazahkstan found mining on turn 8 or if Mad Scientists found Bronze between turn 15-18. Mad Scientists getting Bronze is the only thing that makes sense.

The weakest civ has 2,000 soldiers. Everybody except Cavalleros had pop growth so power would be some odd number. Cavalleros must have lost their warrior before turn 17 and not replaced it.

So Power ratings are probably as follows:
    Saturn and Kazahkstan (9,000/3,000) or (7,000/5,000)
    Mad Scientists 15,000
    Cavalleros 2,000

Turn 20
    Pop growth on raises Cavalleros to 3,000

Turn 21
    8,000 more soldiers in the world could be from the discovery of Bronze, or some combination of other techs and warriors. Kazahkstan got the only tech this turn though.

Turn 24
    10,000 more soldiers this turn and the weakest civ went from 3,000 to least 11,000 soldiers. Cavalleros got the only tech this turn.

Between turn 35 and 40
    10,000 more soldiers, but there were two pop growths and 4 techs, plus plenty of time for new warriors.

Turn 41
    8,000 more soldiers this turn and Saturn got a tech.

So I’d guess that Mad Scientist went for Bronze as their first tech, sometime around turn 15. Kazahkstan’s and Cavallero’s second techs, turn 21 and 24 respectively. Saturn’s sixth tech on turn 41.

10. 1889

Something like 13 hours to go but here is turn 45 so far:

SATURN(actually saw the score change) from 103 to 109
    Pop 5 (27) Land 13 (13) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
    • Pop 6 is 5 points so must be a tech.

KAZAHKSTAN(score last turn was 109 now is 115)
    Pop 7 (38) Land 14 (14) Tech 8 ancient (47) Wonders 1 (16)
    • Pop 8 is 5 points so must be a tech.

Also between turn 44 and 45 soldiers are down 2,000, all accounted for when the weakest civ went from 21,000 to 19,000. Population is the same so it wasn't a due to whipping, looks like another warrior bites the dust. That may be the 4th casualty already.

11. 1889

Half way through turn 46 but big news already:

CAVALLEROS score UP 6 TO 110
    Pop 6 (32) Land 15 (15) Tech 8 ancient (47) Wonders 1 (16)
    • Buddhism was founded this turn so it was meditation. Also its 22% of the population already so I think was founded in the capitol.

MAD SCIENTISTS score UP 5 TO 95
    Pop 4 (21) Land 17 (17) Tech 7 ancient (41) Wonders 1 (16)
    • Demographics show population, land and troop increases while the capitol is still size 3 so it’s a new city. A coastal city with only 4 adjacent land tiles.

12. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Team Cav is Buddist then....and have only 1 city?

hmmm Krill can you update the "plan" to go for poly and get Oracle on T59?

13. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

It seems unlikely that we will get Oracle - we would be 6-8 turns behind the buddhists if they are going for it and we aren't industrious, nor do we have marble.

I think we should consider another path.

14. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

Just wanted to let the team know that I am working on compiling all these numbers, following after 1889's lead. I should have something shortly (either later today or tomorrow) into a spreadsheet.

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

1. Team Cav isn't industrious.
    2. They won't be chopping :hammers: as fast since they think they are in the lead.
    3. There is no way they have a city wit hthe same :hammers: production that we do.

16. Krill

Krill Deity

I doubt we would get poly and still get Oracle t59 without chopping more trees.

17. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

Yeah - I'm not ready to give up on the Oracle just yet.

18. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Poly costs 100:science: while Priesthood costs 60:science:. They should be started on Oracle before we discover Poly unless we're misreading them (i.e. they are not building Oracle and only wanted a religion).

Working out how fast they're researching and when they might complete Oracle might help us decide what we want to do next.

Preliminarily it seems they are researching just slightly faster than us (SATURN has 9 techs and is likely the rival with the GNP score of 31 while MS is likely the team with 22...that would put them somewhere around the average of 27 GNP). So they should be finished with Priesthood a few turns faster than us and onto Oracle.

Now...they aren't Industrious either and I believe we probably have a better build plan. We probably have more workers than them...right?

19. Krill

Krill Deity

How much do we want the oracle guys? Enough to go worker next in IS or not?

20. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

To be honest I don't think it's a game breaker not to get it.

If we don't go for it though it might be a good idea to shoot for writing and get some libraries up...