1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Die Schlapphüte

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by mostly-harmless, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I say Oracle.

you get the GP early for the religion and shrine :gold: is huge throughout the game.

We Pop MC to give us forges in 2 cities that are already prodution powerhouses.

We deny them getting it and set them backwards. There i no way they would suspect someone else will have it done in less than 14 turns from now....

2. Krill

Krill Deity

I think that if we go for the oracle we have to go straight for it and ignore religion, chop every forest if we have to. But even then I don;t know how much faster we can get it.

3. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

I agree with Memphus to an extent. It is possible they, too, have a kick ass plan and will get it done in 13 turns.

4. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

Also, getting the Oracle allows CK's borders to pop significantly faster, getting the gems up potentially earlier

5. Krill

Krill Deity

I think I can shave 2 turns off the oracle without unduly screwing over city 3 or IS.

6. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Pulling numbers out of my head I'm guessing that they will have Priest done in 4-5 turns. With growth factored in, it's probably closer to 4.

I bet someone else is already working on Poly...If it's a race I say we go Med and forget the early religion and shoot for CoL if we get Oracle.

7. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I wouldn't switch to poly now, we'd better go straight for the Oracle. If we really want to, we should be in a position to acquire a religion later on.

8. Krill

Krill Deity

I can get it EOT t57, but it's very ugly. Chops every forest, requires us to chop out another worker from IS now instead of a granary, research meditation and work a few coastal tiles.

9. Krill

Krill Deity

something we should ask ourselves: what tech do we think the other team wants to research? Will have have to research another tech after priesthood?

10. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

When do we need to decide this? Our next turn right? That still gives us a day or two to try and figure things out. I am pretty close to cracking all the demographics numbers, which I think will give us a pretty good idea of

a) how fast they're researching,
    b) what techs they have
    c) what techs they might be trying to pop from the oracle

11. Krill

Krill Deity

now, basically. We can always hold back on playing the save to gain an extra 20 hours or so.

12. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

I would think the candidates to that question are:
    • MC
    • CoL (requires Writing, 165:science:)

Both are feasible. In their case they might be looking to boost their production. Then again, they might be looking to deny Confucianism. Writing is also a step toward the Great Library. Any chance they could be going SE?

Awesome Rego...looking forward to that.

Krill...don't we have 1 turn to go till we have to slot our next tech? If we need to start on workers now though to have them in time I'd do it.

13. Krill

Krill Deity

I think t57 is the best we can do without compeltely screwing up the economy. I've found a way to get it with a granary in IS and not rely on any other workers, but it does require that we move all of them over to CK and chop all of the forests. Anyway, off to dinner...

14. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

Another reason to consider Meditation instead of Poly is that if we found Hinduism, we tip them off that they have competition for the Oracle. If we go via Med, then they won't know about anyone else

Though I guess we should probably move this discussion out to a more appropriate thread?

15. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

I was thinking that too...but didn't want to lose sight of what we were doing. War Gaming Thread seems the likely choice.

16. Krill

Krill Deity

Yeah, lets move it over there.

17. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

Let's assume that Cavalieros gets to Preisthood in 5 turns and starts Oracle immediately.

Further, lets assume they move to as many hammers as they can get and that they can get to 12 (they are 3 bigger than our best city). They time 1 chop to finish right then, and then chop again. In 4 turns, they have 40 hammers from 2 chops and 48 from hammers, so they will be 88 hammers ahead of us, before we can start building. they build 1 more turn, then poprush 2 citizens and are done in 10 turns.

18. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

Okay - I gotta stop for now. I'm still not quite done, but I thought I'd put up what I have.

Eventually, I'd like to put this up as a Google Spreadsheet so that everyone can view and edit it.

First tab is the info off the demographics screen from the Played Turn thread.

Then the score info - broken down by team / turn, and within that broken down by the different components (wonder, pop, tech, land). I'm off for some reason on our score - it seems to think that we got another 13 tiles with our capital's expansion, but I only count 12 (26 total).

Then a general info tab - with civ info and such

Population tab - City sizes for each team by turn

Techs - still very much a work in progress

Soldiers - Also still in progress. I think I have most of the values, but still trying to figure out how they are composed, and/or if they're accurate.

Land - from the demographics screen - this is accurate, and gives us a snapshot of how many land tiles each civ has. All 5 civs started coastally. Kaz's 2nd city is landlocked like ours, and Cav's 2nd city has 8 land tiles (so on the coast but mostly land)

Attached Files:

19. Krill

Krill Deity

Nice one regoarrarr, just one question: do we know how many workers the cavs have?

Oh and one more question: I know you have gone through and put down all of the MFG/GNP/crop yield numbers, but do they correspond to each other in anyway, ie the first column under each heading is us, does the second column of the MFG correspond to the second column of the crop yield or not?

20. regoarrarr

regoarrarr King

@Krill -

1. Not sure yet - trying to figure out how many workers each team has would be on my next list of things to do. Basically it would involve trying to figure out the GNP / Prod / Crop yields as well as when teams grew.

2. For MFG / GNP / Crop on the Demo tab, the 5 numbers for each heading are the 5 numbers on the demo screen (us, rival best, rival avg, rival worst and our rank)