Diety Bug on PS4

CrispyColeman

Chieftain
So I have logged about 1000 hours on diety civ VI rise and fall on IOS before everything released on PS4. I like to think I have a pretty good feel for where the other civs should be in terms of progress throughout the game. When I loaded into my first few gathering storm games on the ps4 i got whomped early, all early rushes. I figured that gathering storm AI had just bumped up the early aggression UNTIL i spawned directly next to another civ. I wasn't able to snag their settler right off the bat so they settled 4 tiles away from my capital on turn 2. Because of this I was able to see what they were doing the entire game.
After their first settle they immediately received a second settler in their capitol (as expected). When they settled their second city, that city received a free settler as well. This occurred for their third city and fourth city (at which point I lost my capital due to loyality pressure from 4 cities next to me in the first 20 turns. I haven't gotten a spawn right next to another civ yet, so I haven't been able to recreate the test, but I have noticed an insane number of AI cities in the early game. Has anyone else heard of this/ seen it before. I have already reported to 2k.

There are no free settlers in this game except in 1 situation; there’s a pantheon which gives a free settler.
You can get a free builder when settling after building the appropriate building in the gov plaza.
Theres a policy card that will speed up settler training by 50%.
On deity, the AI gets free settlers on turn 1. Sometimes they have them running around for several turns.
The AI, I believe, is programmed to “forward settle” to the player. As the player will and should also forward settle to their neighbours.
If the AI, as you mentoined, had a settler pop out a newly found city instantly on the same turn, then the game on console is different than on pc/mac. But I highly doubt it

Last edited:
There are no free settlers in this game except in 1 situation; there’s a pantheon which gives a free settler.
You can get a free builder when settling after building the appropriate building in the gov plaza.
Theres a policy card that will speed up settler training by 50%.
On deity, the AI gets free settlers on turn 1. Sometimes they have them running around for several turns.
The AI, I believe, is programmed to “forward settle” to the player. As the player will and should also forward settle to their neighbours.
If the AI, as you mentoined, had a settler pop out a newly found city instantly on the same turn, then the game on console is different than on pc/mac. But I highly doubt it

I believe you are mistaken as it is well known at the high difficulties on the computer (same game as PS4), that the AI receive free settlers. AI is supposed to be granted a free settler upon settling their first city from Emperor difficulty on up. Diety gets a second free settler when they settle their second city. See https://civ6.gamepedia.com/Game_difficulty for the breakdown on the difficulty bonuses. The issue was that after the 3rd city was founded the deity AI received a 4th settler which should not happen. I have not seen it since the first PS4 patch, so I am guessing they fixed it or my situation was a one off case.

Top Bottom