1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Peace and Truce

Discussion in 'Old World' started by Mexetol, May 16, 2020.

1. Mexetol

Mexetol Chieftain

What is the point of maintaining peace, when the AI could suddenly declare war even during peace? The event driven diplomacy is a cool feature, but I wish I could have more control over diplomacy.

2. Dale

Dale Deity

Think of 'peace' as the AI saying "I am not killing you now".

Think of 'truce' as the AI saying "I will not kill you yet".

Clarify things? :)

3. Dale

Dale Deity

BTW, to have more control over diplomacy, click the leader portrait of whichever nation-tribe you want to do diplomacy with. You'll get a diplo-menu to choose cool items from (depending on your Court members) such as trade, assassinate, don't kill me yet.

4. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

There should be some kind of penalty for breaking peace or truce. It was neat that I could backstab the tribes so easily but it felt a little too easy.

Right now the only difference I can tell is that in peace, you can send your scouts (and other units) through their lands and vice versa. Being able to scout out their entire territory is actually super useful, so it's a major difference.

Now if only a 4X could finally resolve the "civs i'm at peace with are randomly parking their units in my territory and i cant get them to move problem.... which I don't understand why it has never been solved. Like ever.

Jp1138, Roald Amundsen and Elhoim like this.
  5. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

This. So. Much.