Differences between G&K and BNW?

zxcvbob

Emperor
I bought BNW long before I bought G&K (on sale, mostly for the new civs) and never played G&K. Last night I disabled BNW and started a game. Rome on a standard pangaea map. King level, raging barbarians, 7 civs instead of 8 to make room for barbs. And they certainly are raging. They jumped out of the shadows and surrounded my warrior; killed him even tho' he was fortified on a hill and had a rough terrain promotion and I had Honor. :(

The AI's seem more aggressive. Elizabeth denounced me as soon as we met. :) Are things like the "warmonger penalty" less onerous than in BNW? How about the science and culture costs per city?

Alexander started near me, and of course settled his first expo 4 tiles away from my capital. That city is gone now, and Athens is mine, then Attila captured Greece's last city. Then Attila declared war on me (I killed all his units then gave him a peace deal where I took all his gold) Nobody seems to care that I declared war on Greece and took 2 cities, they all hate me anyway (not sure yet if they hate each other)

When I founded a pantheon, some of my favorites were missing. Earth Mother, God-King, not sure what else.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

Warmongering was toned down in BNW.
Also if you are intending to get a religion God-King is a terrible pantheon because it provides 0 benefits to any of your other cities.

God-King can still be a very good pantheon, even if you really want a religion. If you have no faith generating pantheons that work, it's a pretty substantial boost to everything early game.

Top Bottom