Differences in Final Score

Civgeek

Warlord
Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere, but a search didn't show anything. Is there a reason why I would see a significant difference between my final in-game score and the final score reported when I submit a GOTM? I've seen minor differences when I submit before, but this month for GOTM 05 the score reported back to me when I submitted was ~20% less than the final in-game score. Submitted, as usual, a saved game from the turn after victory was declared. Am I missing something?

If you played 'Adventurer' level, that's why. They decreased the posted score for those folks.

DeltaV said:
If you played 'Adventurer' level, that's why. They decreased the posted score for those folks.
Nope; was playing the plain old vanilla middle difficulty (Contender?).

Civgeek said:
Nope; was playing the plain old vanilla middle difficulty (Contender?).

Same noted here. Curious...
Also played the Contender file!

Not that I really care, but just to note that I had a similar situation. Played contender, but my score was reduced by probably ~20% compared to what the game gave me.

We do our own calculation, rather than relying on the score generated by your Python code, as that can be wrong. Please make sure you don't still have the old version of the Python code cached. Since this game is Warlord difficulty, it suffers a reduction factor of 20% in version 1.52. It's possible that your game software is still using the pre-patch Python code to calculate it. That didn't include the difficulty level factors.

I played contender also but didn't experience the same thing. The score wasn't exactly the same as ingame score (I don't think it ever is) but it was very close.

Harok said:
I played contender also but didn't experience the same thing. The score wasn't exactly the same as ingame score (I don't think it ever is) but it was very close.
I wonder if it's related to victory-type? Mine was a Conquest victory.

Victory type is irrelevant. It has no effect on scoring. Harok's post makes me more certain that it's related to your cached version of Python code.

Dont supoose you are using the autologger mod?
The default version contains a bug in that it doesnt contain the code for giving a bonus score depending on difficulty

Gyathaar said:
The default version contains a bug in that it doesnt contain the code for giving a bonus score depending on difficulty

Yup!
Not that big a deal...don't think I'll challenge for top spot, just happened to notice the score difference when finishing the game, then submitting.

Gyathaar said:

So did I. And I didn't notice any difference in the previous games I submitted, when I wasn't using it. That must be it. At least curiosity is satisfied.

Gyathaar said:
That could be it ... I'll check. Will removing the autologger remove the bug?

Gyathaar said:
Yep, that was it. Removed autologger and got something much closer to what was recorded for the GOTM submisson. So much for my first 100k+ submission! :lol:

Top Bottom