Different Human Species as a Mod

zarakand

Prince
Hey I've never created a mod before, but after listening to a cool interview with Yuval Noah Harari about his book Homo Deus about the possible evolution of Homo Sapiens into another species (way over simplification), I started thinking that it would be fun to see a mod with differing homo genus.

I think it would be a large undertaking because each homo species would likely take differing paths on the tech tree and perhaps the mod could start out as a scenario to conceptualize it.

Anyway, I just downloaded the SDK and would love to partner with someone more experienced if they'd be interested in discussing how to make this type of mod a reality.

Here's the interview I heard by the way: http://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2017/02/23/homo-deus-yuval-noah-harari

Have you played Evolution: The Game of Intelligent Life? It is a nice game from the 1990s, in which you evolved species all the way from early amphibians to a sapient species. You could achieve what you want with a similar framework in place; have the player begin as an hominid, and then have him choose evolutionary paths to different sapient species in the Homo genus. And when they reach a sapient species, allow them to found settlements.

I don't really see why the tech tree should be different; most techs are generic enough that they make sense for any humanoid sapient species.

The main issue I guess would be getting the graphics for the new Homo genus species, since you would need new graphics for a lot of units; reskinning the human units might do, but even that would be a lot of work.

Top Bottom