Differents Questions (Communitas map and Speed of the game)

Myrrdin_Emrys

Warlord
Hi guys.
I'm definitly still playing with all your mods !
I have 2 questions for u guys !

A thought comes to my mind last time i started a game.
What the difference between Atlantic and pacific ocean in Communitas map ?

Because in my last games i went only for coastal empire, and this time i want only 1 ocean (and i dont know which one to choose). I want less coast/ocean, to have the choice to go for land empire or coastal.

(i was playing in 8 players map, with 8 players and 16 city state in the seventh difficulty option [immortel i believe], any thoughts or advices about this ?)

For me coastal city are really attractive with the new boost or food for coast tiles, or the atoll. Cargo ships are then, far away better than land trade route (im not making anymore any land trade route, that's normal ?)
ANd u can still upgrade city later with policies.

What the best speed (or lenght ?) of a game for u ? (standard or epic ?)
Marathon is far away too long for me, and faster than standard is not interesting for me.
Before BNW extension i was always playing in Epic. Why ? According to me, to balance civs and the game. I think taht the classical and Medieval are too fast, and when u develop (upgrade ?) a new unit the time u have to get few of them, u have reach his new upgrade. In conclusion, u can't really profit from a Unique units or focus in military technologies.
But my last games i have played only in normal mode to test the new patch/mod u make.
What's the best option for u ? Why ?

And sorry for my english, it's defintily not my native language, and i try to learn it on my own. (and if u see a mistake that comes back too often, that make u eyes bleeding, dont hesitate to tell me !)

I'll try and answer your first point. Just let me clear the blood from my eyes first.:D
Just kidding, if this is the result of you teaching yourself English then you could probably find a job in many English-speaking countries teaching the children there. Well done.:goodjob:

Communitas Map.

The two ocean types are really just a fancy naming structure to describe how the oceans look.
The larger of the two oceans should conform to the Pacific look, large in the middle and taking up a lot of the map. The Atlantic is more of a skinny ocean slightly smaller in the middle and with more landmass on its sides.
They also are coded in a way to ensure the oceans are more vertical then horizontal, matching the real setup we have on Earth.

The lua code is fairly well documented and describes in plain English a lot of the complex code used to generate this map.

As far as speed, it's probably fine on epic for balance. I usually play on marathon or epic.

It's not specifically balanced for different game speeds (other than I think the tech speed has an adjustment in it), but most settings changes should scale for speed just fine as they would normally.

I play the game with the settings below, so I balance things for this speed. I try to include some adjustments for other playstyles, but the further you get from standard settings, the more things might become imbalanced.

• Communitas map
  • Standard size
  • Standard speed
  • Unchanged advanced game options
  • Emperor difficulty

Most people play the game on Warlord, Prince, King, or Emperor. I strive to ensure those difficulties are well-balanced. I put a more time into balancing difficulty levels that than other settings, because I want everyone to feel comfortable playing at their chosen level.

Top Bottom