Difficulties on Surface pro 3

Dr_Friendly

Chieftain
Is the pen on surface pro 3 working for anyone else with this game? It appears that hovering over things with the pen doesn't work. This means i can't really right click on anything. I can still see the cursor when I hover over the screen, but the game does not register that the cursor is there. I have messed with every possible video option to get it to register but can't find something that works.

well I've failed to make right-click via pen working but managed to simplify the game process a bit.
The most notable problem of not having right click button is to issue move ordera to your units. Without the button you should click small "move" button on the bottom right corner of the screen.

To solve this, I've shortcutted "M" keyboard key (the equalent of 'move' button) button to surface "Windows" button. So, whenever you want to move a unit you just touching the button on the right of your surface.

The shortcut is done via AutoHotKey http://www.autohotkey.com/ free software.
Just download and install it. By default it opens Notepad with a script to configure key capturing and shortcutting, delete the default text there, insert the script below there , save the file, then start AutoHotKey.

The script:
Spoiler :

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook

LWin::

IfWinActive, Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (DX11)
{
Send {m}
return
}
Send {LWin}
return

Remember to start AutoHotKey every time before running Civ.

Enjoy :)

Top Bottom