Difficulty Level in Multi-Player

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by gwood80, May 4, 2006.

1. gwood80

gwood80 Chieftain

OK, so me and 2 of my friends like to play a bit of civ multi-player with AI in as well. Unfortunately, one of my mates is pretty ****, and me and my other pal are decent. Does anyone know if we set him at, say, Prince, and my friend and I play at Monarch and all the AIs are at Noble if he actually gets any benefit from having a lower difficulty level?

I ask because we've played like this a few times and my poorer friend seems to get no visible advantage over us, although the AI definitely does.

Cheers in advance.

2. Gyathaar

Gyathaar Warlock Retired Moderator GOTM Staff

The players get their individual bonuses depending on their difficulty level (how many starting techs, barbarian bonus, hut popping bonus, city health and so on).

AIs get their bonus depending on the average human difficulty level I think (and in addition their get the city health bonus and so on for noble level .. so putting AIs at settler difficulty will make them harder.. )

3. GDBreuer

GDBreuer Chieftain

Bumping an old thread here, because I was wondering about this as well. If I were playing online with a friend and I wanted to play against difficult AI, I take it from the above that it's smartest to put them at Settler and myself/friend on Diety? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Thanks in advance.

4. jonta

jonta Chieftain

Yes that would make a tough AI