Dimanic Pope

gilgames

Priest-King
I watched a video that inspired me to come up with a new idea to discuss.

The Pope should be more interactive! If we give him the power of Excommunicate, he would be more fun and dangerous.
This means you get no more gifts, other catholics are more willing to dow you and in the eyes of all catholic civ you count as a pagan, thus def. crusades can be called. By default every civ should have the same chance to get excommunicated (in these things i dont prefer historical accuracy).
AI should learn the real value of "not going to crusade" since now they just allways say yes. So they would make a risky move sometime by refusing crusade and attack sby instead.
The way to "earn excommunicate" is simple: refuse crusades, gaining to many islamic influence, neglecting religous buildings. Ect.
I am curios what you think about this!

I watched a video that inspired me to come up with a new idea to discuss.

The Pope should be more interactive! If we give him the power of Excommunicate, he would be more fun and dangerous.
This means you get no more gifts, other catholics are more willing to dow you and in the eyes of all catholic civ you count as a pagan, thus def. crusades can be called. By default every civ should have the same chance to get excommunicated (in these things i dont prefer historical accuracy).
AI should learn the real value of "not going to crusade" since now they just allways say yes. So they would make a risky move sometime by refusing crusade and attack sby instead.
The way to "earn excommunicate" is simple: refuse crusades, gaining to many islamic influence, neglecting religous buildings. Ect.
I am curios what you think about this!

Interesting idea, but neglecting crusades can't be too big of a factor in it, since Polish players usually neglect crusades (to prepare for the Mongols) and the last thing they need is Western Europeans attacking them in addition to the Mongols.

Top Bottom