Diplo for Team Council

Got a PM from General_W....

He said my email was already posted and being discussed.

I think the more correct work would be disected.

You keep forgetting about me jb!

It's ok. I'm used to it.

-Nate

From Council...

Dear jb,

We appreciate the candor in your last letter. Your proposal isn't very appealing to us – but it may very well serve as a starting point for more meaningful talks.

The super-long peace treaty we really see as more of a boon to you than to us. The Council Intelligence Agency has made note of your jump to Feudalism, whipping campaign, and rapid rise in culture. Let's just say they put 2 and 2 together and came up with about 100k. :)

As for the gold you offered us on the tech – 25% of current/trade value seems awfully stingy, especially for a Feudal government that, as you've noted, has less need of gold.

We've crafted 3 Alternate Proposals for you to consider.

In all cases, our offer is the same – We'll give the secret of Invention [indirectly, if needed], and agree to a guaranteed peace treaty for 40 turns.

In return, we'd like:
Option A:
  • 40% of the Monopoly Beaker Cost of Invention = 528 gold
  • Treaty agreement to not then sell or trade Invention to anyone.
  • Treaty agreement to not attack or materially support anyone in an
    attack on The Council or team FREE for 40 turns.

Option B:
  • 60% of the Monopoly Beaker Cost of Invention = 792 gold
  • NO restrictions on selling or trading Invention to anyone.

Option C:
  • GONG researches Music Theory immediately after getting
    Education, and then immediately upon discovery gives it to The Council
  • GONG agrees to forgo building of JS Bach's Cathedral
  • Treaty agreement to not then sell or trade Music to anyone – but
    allowing trading of Invention

Any of those catch your fancy?

All the best,
General_W, speaking with the voice of The Council

And the subsequent chatter...

jb1964 says:
Thanks for the reply... just posted it to see who salutes what.
Josh says:
Sounds good
jb1964 says:
BTW, you're the first to comment on the culture. Seems it's gone under the radar to others or they're just not as forward.
Josh says:
lol - well, We appreciated the honesty in your letter. No reason to not be frank, we figgured.

I dont like any of the options, we have invention in 4 turns yes? Lets say Council as Astro in 7, when we get Invention, we have 2 turns to spend on another research, probably astro in 5 or 4 putting us behind Council for 2/3 turns, what are BABE research capabilities?

528 gold is enough to upgrade a legion of spears/horses with leo´s, 40 turns of no attack or material support to BABE is too much time, not to sell or trade invention to BABE is bad for relations and might get s into colision course with them, this i think is Council´s real intention here, divide to conquer.

We can use this 2nd intentioned letter against them, send it to BABE, censuring some parts of the initial draft making it look like they were the ones that are proposing these choices and not answering to our long-peace request....since BABE is landing on Council anyway, this letter will only strenghten their spirits even more!

Note: Any gold or tech sent to Council will be sent to FREE (tech), sold to SABER (tech) and divided with FREE (money), the sugestion for us to researvh music teory is pratically an offense.

OH, I don't think much of any of these options either. And if we made any agreement w/ them it would have to be amended for Gunpowder.

I'm just chatting them up to see what I can see.

They're interest in Bach's is good info. How do they split that up between themselves and FREE? I'm willing to bet that one has their eye on Leo's. If we get it first I'll be tickled.

I forgot that Astro was right after Education. These guys will be venturing into the sea tiles in short order.

BTW, I don't see the Babes landing as having too much of a shot at tilting matters dramatically. If they're landing on Council then they get to face the lower tier researcher that's been sitting on SoZ for 30 turns. They better be bringing defense.

Dear jb and the traveling GONG show band,

Good to hear from you. No worries about the Invention thing. We
totally understand, and figured that was pretty much the case when we
saw you had built Leos. Nice work on that, by the way! :thumbsup:

Our door is always open anytime you want to talk about something. I
don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade for Education? … Oh…
yeah… the whole Spybrary thing… nevermind ;) You could have just
asked, you know! :lol:

Hope all is well in the land of GONG,

Warmly,
General_W, speaking with the voice of The Council

Top Bottom