Diplo world leader vote turn?

glory7

King
I usually ignore diplo win option (when I go sci, dom or culture, it is over before the vote) and haven't paid attention.

I played 2-3 quick games to see how this works and I just don't understand how this works. For one case I had to wait 22 turns (for standard speed, 33 turns I guess) and for another case I had to wait only 12 turns (for standard speed, 18 turns). The third case was something in between.

If anyone knows when the world leader vote occurs, or at least can provide some examples, it would be really appreciated.

The timer starts when either half the civs have reached the Atomic Era, or one Civ hits Information Era. On Standard it's every 20 turns once you hit that point.

The timer starts when either half the civs have reached the Atomic Era, or one Civ hits Information Era. On Standard it's every 20 turns once you hit that point.

are you sure? for the three times I tested, all of them were when I entered info era with telecom. And every time turns till world leader vote was different.

Were all your games same difficulty? Same turn to enter Info age? When was WC founded, the info somewhere said time between votes decreases as world advances, so maybe you hitting info era starts the clock, but umber of turns is determined by where everyone else is. I am curious myself.

Were all your games same difficulty? Same turn to enter Info age? When was WC founded, the info somewhere said time between votes decreases as world advances, so maybe you hitting info era starts the clock, but umber of turns is determined by where everyone else is. I am curious myself.

all my test games were immortal quick/standard speed I think.

my friend actually helped me out with testing these out - I think he used IGE mode. It seems that when world congress starts, it meets at specific turn to vote (for 1st one, most times renaissance, 30 turns after).

As the era advances, this term decreases. And when each era advances, new host is elected and due to that the turn counter does not work for 2 turns. For example, if you got 3 turns left till vote and there was an era advance - then after 2 turns, you see that vote is 3 turns left. Turns before the vote is determined which era it was when the issues were selected, and it seems that it does not change when era advances.

So if you aim for fast diplo victory, it seems that all you need to do (or can do) is controlling the first world congress timing by choosing when to finish printing press or to meet all civs.

So if you aim for fast diplo victory, it seems that all you need to do (or can do) is controlling the first world congress timing by choosing when to finish printing press or to meet all civs.

So, what's the best time?

Originally Posted by glory7

So, what's the best time?

u d have to know at which point u finish UN building when timing teching PP allready. Kinda hard to do ...

So like 30t+27t+25t or so before building UN - at least thats how i understand ...

So if u know u build UN t 210 u should try to tech PP (maybe bad example) so that 2nd world congress is right after turn 210.

With above forumla teching PP t129 - teching it before that d mean 2nd meeting is before t210 and u have to wait for 3rd meeting 20 turns or so later.

If i remember things correctly the timing is 10 turns after the next current world congress if either half the civs have reached the Atomic Era, or one Civ hits Information Era on Standard Speed.

So if you reach Info Era and the next "normal" world congress is only 3 turns away, the next world leader will be in 13 turns. because the time interval between the votes is decreased.

If the next world congress is in 20 turns, the next World leader vote will be in 30 turns. This is what i could observe until now. So timing the first world congress or timing your advance to the Info Era is a important step with the Diplo Victory.

Edit: Tommynt you dont need the UN anymore just reachign Info era, as mentioned above.

Top Bottom