Diplomacy 4: Tale of Ekonia

Totally OOC

About the fort : It was another case of 'I should have thought more before hitting post quick reply'. The answer came on its own as soon as I looked at the map again.

About the map : I also think that the previous format was OK. I understand you may have problems positioning troops and whatnot, but bigger is not always better ;).

About the gold : :goodjob:

About the updates : Again, great style. A very nice change from what is the usual norm for these things. Keep it up.

Thanks everyone for your compliments. I'm fairly sure I have the maps saved as .bmp or something like that. I know they aren't usually like that because I edit previous maps to make current ones. I think the hosting site must change it. Atm there's no choice because I can't get onto my account on the other site. Forgot my password lol, but its saved on my computer at home so its fine.

I lost internet, and thus couldn't send orders.......

Hiya, I just got back from holiday today and am in no mood for updating. The new deadline will be wedesday, normal time (7.30pm).

There are two different bonuses listed for forts. Under improvements it cites a 30% combat bonus while under combat bonuses it says they give a 50% bonus. Which one is correct?

The correct one is 30%, but remember it isn't a combat bonus specifically but actually a penalty to attacking units. It's been changed.

The deadline has been extended to tomorrow because of a player request. Just so you know, I am very happy to extend the deadline if you are unable to send orders so long as you tell me beforehand.

Orders not in are now late. Get them in before the update. The update will be in ~1hr.

August, Year of Brewing Storms

Nikea, East Gate

A dark sky looms above, rain thunders onto the road before them, making the coach wheels slip and slide. Behind them is the sound of battle. The city guard valiantly defy the Inesterl invasion, even without their leader before them.

‘’I didn’t expect to have to leave so soon! Willis!’’ shouted Lord Applesby above the wind.

‘’No sir! Where are we going? If they catch us we’re doomed!’’ replied his butler

‘’ .....! ‘’ A sudden gust of wind rocks the coach onto two side wheels for a moment and drowns out his answer.

‘’Oh? I have relatives there we can stay with!’’

‘’Yes Willis, that’s what I’m counting on! From now on, we’re on the run!’’ He looks down at the large sacks of gold at their feet, a slightly guilty expression across his face. The city’s funds. ‘’Go faster!’’ he screams to the coach driver at the top of his voice.

-----

Thornpire

Two monks sit at a small, rickety table, staring out of a window in disbelief. They had been staying in the cottage of a contact for several months.

‘’This is not good, Three Golden Suns.’’

Outside, at the top of a small, rolling hill, a Fortress was being constructed. Thousands of builders and architects were clustered in temporary accommodation, waiting out the storm that raged throughout the village.

‘’Quickly, hand me a pen and paper, we must tell them to send the ship elsewhere. Else we’ll never escape this hell-hole’’

----

Gold PMs to come.

Next Deadline: Tuesday 29th 7.30 pm

To : Inestrel (Methos)

The state of Ninerest takes note that our agreement is now void.
We wish we had been informed before... But understand that in this day and age, communication can sometimes be... Troublesome.

To avoid further troubles and worries, maybe we can have another agreement.

{Methos, I'll try to contact you tomorrow (because right now, I'm going to bed).
Nice update, btw.}

Question: How could cavalry reach Ten? Didn't they have to go through either Izi or Lig first (and thus encounter a battle and lose their extra movement?)

That was MY interpretation of the rules.

It's how the battles are resolved. They are done one by one, not at the same time. Therefore, Niklas was able to attack Lig with his Infantry, they won, meaning the path was clear for the cavalry to reach the next battle, Ten. If they did not attack Lig too then the cavalry would have been stopped.

Please Note: There are some minor adjustments to the rules.

1. Water tiles now count as one tile for Airships, but they may only cross one sea tile per flight. This would mean that, for eg, an Airship in Eas could go NoS -> Nor -> Rhe and drop infantry at Rhe.

2. From now on, if a player attacks a fort or city that have units hidden inside, and the defending player wins, the defender's remaining units will not be shown on the map. I will tell you how many remain in your gold PM.

So that would mean movements aren't necessarily resolved simultaneously. So in what order do the battles and movements get resolved? If there is no system, it introduces a large random element which will be unfair.

Lightfang has been removed from this game due to not sending orders for the past 3 turns. If anyone would like to take his place then contact me about it, if not he will be NPC'd.

To: Ninerest (Izipo)

Since you have decided to not take Tra after all, I hope that it is ok that I will claim it this turn.

To : Hitillia

Well, it was my intention to fight the scoundrels in Tra all along, but it appears that some of my orders were misled and that my troops acted on their own and took Tre instead.
I thought my officers were educated enough to not mistake Tre for Tra, but I was wrong.

This puts us in a very unfortunate situation. I feel that Tra should be ours for the aforementioned reason, but I understand that having idle troops near my borders is a very bad thing indeed.

A little meditation and some private talking will help me reach a decision.

Top Bottom