1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomacy AI bonkers

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SpiceWeasel76, Feb 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SpiceWeasel76

SpiceWeasel76 Chieftain

Playing as Gilgamesh (Emperor/Standard/Continents/Standard) for a casual DV and my neighbour Cleo has been savaging Ghandi for ages, taken at least two of his cities and I butter him up enough to get friendly - to the point where we can declare a joint war on Cleo but as soon as I do I cop a warmonger penalty from him! - We just agreed to fight her together you a**hole!
    I was going to declare on her using Casus Belli - TE anyway, but thought "hey, why not make a pal and team up?". (Can only declare joint war without Casus Belli too I just noticed).

So what is going on with this AI? I know the AI diplomacy has always been kinda a weak spot for CIV games but this seems a bit ridiculous. Any mods out there people know of that give the AI a bit more sense?
    Or any tips about managing these lunatics?

2. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Don't joint wars have a specific positive modifier? But it doesn't delete your bad actions, it only covers up your current warmonger penalities while you guys are in a join war together.

It's quite possible you have a lot of demerits and warmonger penalities from previous wars and DoWing on Cleo pushed him over.

Post a screencap of his displomacy screen where your relationship status is displayed.

3. SpiceWeasel76

SpiceWeasel76 Chieftain

Moved on since.. so no screenshot (sorry), but I did take a look earlier and I had a minor warmonger penalty with Ghandi but as soon as we DoW together it increased by several points and our relationship went more negative.
    In the end I liberated one of his cities and negated it but it was a weird mechanic.

4. isau

isau Warlord

I think you can just chalk this up to Ghandi being a complete hypocrite. His agenda triggers on any declaration of war. Even one he himself led you to believe he would support.

I just think of it like the AI telling you one thing at the negotation table and then reversing course in public.

If you think about it, he still got what he wanted--drawing you into a war to protect himself. But publicly he won't admit that, and denounces you.